View Single Post
MintyRey
N00b

Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 AM

The raven haired young man bowed respectfully as Princess Ai walked past and closed the door behind him after he followed her in. Samuel had been through this room a few times already, stopping by to watch and listen whenever one of the other guests decided to play music to entertain themselves. The music room was well built and sounds were easily distributed within it. He himself had spent a few minutes whiling his time away with some of the instruments the day before, mainly the piano and the cello. He knew how to play them but he was by no means an expert. The duke also attempted playing the lute afterwards but stopped soon enough as he was just a beginner. The bagpipe, while fun for a moment, made quite a noise and deterred him from wanting to learn anything else about it for now. Dust barely collected on any of the musical equipment even though there were no servants to clean them because quite a few of the castle's current residents used them frequently.

But now was not the time to reflect upon music. He had just moved away from the door to rejoin the lovely lady when he saw someone come through the other door. Samuel was rather surprised to discover that it was none other than his old friend Jasper. If he could still consider him a friend, that is. "Good morning as well, Sir Eveque." he replied. Deciding it was best to be on their way, he continued to walk to the other door. Samuel believed from past experience that nothing sociable would come from the Prince of Mirarenn. Not anymore at least. However, the noble stopped merely a few steps later after realizing that the golden eyed man was not heading for the alternate exit. Instead, he took to an area of the room and reached for one of the stringed instruments. Samuel could only roll his eyes at the uncharacteristic flirtation Jasper directed towards Lady Myazaki. But once the music started, the chilly disposition he had built against the haughty one seemed to melt, if only a little.

The sound of the violin when Jasper played was nostalgic. His skill with it was extraordinary and Samuel often asked him for help during music lessons. He would ask Zamir too, as the duke was the least musically adept of the three. But Zamir's tutoring only turned into drum banging, cymbal clashing, and triangle dinging ruckus sessions so Samuel relied more on Jasper. In exchange, he would teach the others how to hunt. Particularly with a rifle. Samuel managed to sneak out his uncle's hunting rifle once when he was about ten and had tried to educate both Eveque and Phoenix on its proper use. Due to an unfortunate accident involving a statue and a viceroy's dog, they vowed never to speak of that day again. But they continued to practice with toy rifles and other hunting weapons until they were old enough to handle gunpowder without accidentally blasting someone's head off. That was when they were just boys, when they could still easily laugh with each other and get into all sorts of trouble.

Looking to the prince, though his face was still the same and his aptitude with the violin was as impressive as always, Samuel was only reminded of the bitter divide that grew between them. Zamir was the only one who was still on friendly terms with the both of them, a feat he accomplished through sheer stubbornness alone. Deciding to leave instead of dwelling on the past, the silver eyed male headed for the door towards the kitchen. "Thank you for letting us listen to your music, Prince, but I'm afraid we need to eat. Shall we be off, M'lady?"

Of course, Jasper would not be Jasper if he didn't put in at least one acerbic remark. "I doubt anyone here could be considered 'not worthwhile'. However, if you mean for me to judge people on who I could expect to hold a decent conversation with, then I'm sure you would count as not worth my while. And it is too late for me to merely test out her lock, I am already attached to her!" Not looking back, the duke waited for the princess to move on through the door before he did. Samuel wasn't sure exactly what babble he had just blurted out, but his hungry stomach would not allow him to properly reflect on it. Plus, he was already getting a little pounding in his head from having to deal with Jasper so early in the morning. "My apologies, Princess Ai. I'm sure he meant nothing by it." An obvious lie, but he could still dream.

Last edited by MintyRey; 06-11-2012 at 07:17 AM..