View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-12-2016, 01:15 AM

The idea of food was less than appealing, but Rose climbed from the bed anyways, pulling the blanket with her, wrapping it around her small frame for what little modesty she could manage. "Please have your men send in my chest so I may dress." She tried to keep her voice calm and unaffected, free from the haughty way she knew she sometimes sounded. This captain didn't seem keen on taking or following orders, even from a princess, and while she felt he should, she didn't feel she was in much of a position to argue with him.

Sitting down at the table she leaned over the maps, her curls falling to the table. She muttered in annoyance, knowing her hair would be difficult to manage since it had not been braided before she went to sleep. Throwing her hair back she worked to make sense of the maps, she had seen some before in her studies, so she wasn't completely lost. Scanning the words she looked for something familiar, and when she found it she traced from it, finding the next familiar thing, until she managed to find the place on the map. Home. The thought brought tears to her eyes, all her fears rising once more. Would she be accepted back into the family? Her father loved her, she knew that, but he hated scandal more than anything else. How would he react to know she had been kidnapped by pirates? He would never believe her innocent again, which would make marriage difficult, and embarrass her father greatly. Even the King could not hide from gossip.

"I wish I would have sunk with my ship..." She mumbled to herself, even if she only half felt that way. There was still so much she wanted to accomplish in life, to see and do, but this had not been in her plans. She tried to paste a smile onto her face when she looked up from the map, it failed miserably. "Here." Was all she could get out, pointing lamely to a place on the map, a large city and port near the very sea the traveled on. She had only been a weeks journey from home when all of this happened.

===

Gerard wasn't willing to admit that he felt weaker than a kitten and that he was sure if he stood he would collapse. Leaning back against the wall, he watched her closely in her inspected, a shiver running through him at her light touch. It was a welcome feeling among the aches and pains he felt.

"You go to the captain, steal some of the good stuff I know he's hiding, and bring it back to me. I'm feelin' like I'm owed a day off." He would have to play it cool, let them think it was laziness rather than the inability to even function at this point. Hopefully she would buy it as well, while he didn't mind her company, he wasn't in the mood for fussing and more doctoring.