View Single Post
Birthday Brigade
Retired Charity Mule

Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 PM

[imgright]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/alligatortoast/menewsha/MBB/sidebar2-2.png[/imgright]

We understand that potential donors might be concerned about whether or not the charity funds go to "legitimate" accounts, since donations are automatic each day. To ensure that the funds are not abused, we have established a set of rules that we follow when we consider making donations to a given account.

Only AA's can change users' birthdays. Although this isn't a rule we made, this prevents users from changing their birthdays to exploit the system by getting multiple donations any given year.

Accounts we donate to must be at least three weeks old, have at least 50 posts, and have been active* some time within the week before the birthday. This prevents us from donating to abandoned accounts, or to new users who may post a lot right after signing up but never again.

We will make every effort we can to avoid donating to mule accounts. We check a number of things to find evidence of mule accounts, but we don't have moderator powers and cannot be absolutely certain if an account is a mule. We ask that users be honest and return gifts that are accidentally sent to mules.

We reserve the right to make more rules at any time, with or without notice, for any reason. Usually we'll add rules in reaction to users who find new and creative ways to abuse the charity.

*Active is defined as having posted in a publicly viewable forum. Lurkers who only play games despite logging in regularly are not considered active, as are staff members hiding in the super-secret YumehCaves.

Each month, we will hold a drawing for a super-special birthday gift for a super-special birthday Menewshan!

To be eligible for this drawing, you must:

Receive a donation from Birthday Brigade for your birthday.

Fill out the application during the month of your birthday and submit it in this thread by the deadline. If your birthday is in the last week of the month, your application will be placed with the birthdays of the following month.

Reply to the donation message (via PM) with the line, "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!" (so I know you read the rules ;))

That's all there is to it! All you have to do now is wait to see if you won!

€ 01 - Introduction
€ 02 - News
€ 03 - Rules
€ 04 - Gift Pile
€ 05 - Monthly Drawing
€ 06 - Supporters
€ 07 - Links In/Links Out
€ 08 - Reserved

Last edited by Birthday Brigade; 09-08-2010 at 03:12 PM..