View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:19 PM

The implications of Sarah’s words hadn’t hit her, and she had meant them innocently enough. It quickly became clear, however, that Zenon had seen a more mischievous meaning.

Still, even when the soldier shifted in the confined space, and towered over her, Sarah didn’t complain. She returned his kiss eagerly, angling to make him more comfortable. Her mind seemed hazy, and all she could really comprehend was Zenon. It felt like he was everywhere around her. His smell, his lips, his hands…wait…what was going on with his hands?

Zenon’s hand was on her hip…it almost felt like her skin was on fire. The heat from him easily passed through her clothing. Even when he shifted, and his fingers crawled under her shirt, her skin seemed to burn and tangle. Zenon felt and tasted so good. Sarah didn’t want to stop, and kissed him easily.

There was still a small voice in the back of her mind, though, that was condemning her. Sarah turned her face away with a sigh, gently pushing Zenon’s hands away. “I can’t…we need to go…your…your fiancé…”

~</3~

The same tingling sensation was distracting Mannik. His wrist distracted him from what Adel was actually saying, but unlike Sarah, Mannik couldn’t bring himself to pull away. Instead, his emerald eyes fell to Adelmar’s hand. He licked his lips, but remained silent, even though his gaze didn’t lift back up to meet hers.

I don’t have to trust anyone…” Mannik pointed out, unaware Adelmar was referring to her betrothed. “And A-….Miss Winslow…my people aren’t safe just by living and breathing. This at least gives their life meaning and makes them feel better about everything.”

“Yes….” Mannik finally looked up, but still didn’t meet her gaze, instead glancing to the foyer. “They should be done now…we just had to introduce you and let you know what was going on.” At the mention of her fiancé, Mannik visibly flinched, and gently tugged his arm away from her, breaking her grip as nicely as he could. “If you want me to stay, I will. They already know I was here, so it’s up to you.” The soldier gave a sigh. Without seeming to notice, his other hand had replaced where Adelmar’s hand was, wrapping around his other wrist, almost as if cradling it. “What would be easiest on you?”