View Single Post
ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 PM

"Yes indeed. My mother is from Louisiana and met my father at a conference here in New York. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ella." He took her hand and gently pressed it to his lips. Ari chuckled, this was going to be a challenge. She was the observant type so sneaking out wouldn't work. Plus being in the same age bracket Ella probably knew the same tricks he did. Being direct would be the best route this time and a lot less effort. After all, he wasn't known for biting back his words.

For now getting to know Ella couldn't hurt. "I'm sorry for my outburst earlier. It's pretty tough when you're our age and can't even be home alone. Then imagine how angry you would be if your folks made it ten times more embarrassing by hiring someone teeny and sweet like you?" The blonde finished his tea and offered Ella some more before refilling his glass. After thinking about it Ari felt grateful his crush from Sephora hadn't been called instead. That would have been a real nightmare.

"So other than trying to put the fear of God into people, what do you do for fun?" He asked playfully. As he listened he noticed she had an accent of her own. He'd been to several locales around the world but couldn't quite place it. "Sorry shug, but where are you from? Your accent is really interesting. It's like a mix of Irish, Scottish, and English. You probably get that a lot."