View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 08-08-2015, 02:07 AM

"Oh, of course..." Colette giggled a little as she adjusted her feet into her boots. When Anna told her to hurry, Colette stumbled a bit as she straightened herself and made to follow Anna's ghostly, transparency towards the secret places that Anna wanted her to see.

"Four centuries!" Colette gasped. "This place is even older than I'd thought." It was a subtle change for Colette to see, but Colette noticed that Anna's eyes changed. They were not as happy and bright as they were before, as though something she'd mentioned had made her a bit more solemn than usual? Colette wanted to ask about it, she pondered for a moment... To ask? Or not to ask? To risk upsetting Anna? Well, Colette realized if she did upset Anna, it wouldn't be the first time she'd accidentally upset a spirit. May as well take the chance while she had the chance.

Anna seemed so excited to show her the secret passages and especially her room. "I'd be delighted to see your room, dear."

Colette knew it was now or never to ask about the change in Anna's eyes. She swallowed a lump in her throat and spoke with a slightly dry voice,

"Miss it, Anna? How would we miss it? I'm sure it isn't going anywhere." Colette hoped she wouldn't regret asking. "Your eyes... they changed, you appear much more solemn. Is there something bothering you about taking me to the passages?" Colette truly didn't want to frighten Anna or make Anna feel the need to entertain her if that was not what she truly wanted. Though, Colette had the feeling there was more to this house than what Anna was telling her.