View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-18-2015, 03:24 PM

As Tom and Daisy walked back through the long halls of the Dreamweaver, Daisy noticed people staring at them... Well, they weren't staring at her of course, just staring at Tom. Obviously. She was a nobody. He was somebody. The realization dawned upon her that she probably wasn't worthy of his presence. Wasn't worthy of walking next to him and having him talk to her as though they were equals. He was a god to her, and she was just dust in a giant's eye.

"Now... I do think I should warn you, Miss Daisy." Tom said quickly just as they were approaching the door to the suite. "There has been a little issue with the suite."

"As long as it's not cramped and as long as the walls are not pink, I will be okay with whatever is wrong with the suite." Daisy sighed. Honestly, this was the most beautiful boat she's ever been aboard, what could possibly be wrong with the suite on a completely perfect cruise ship?!

"Well... I didn't think this would be much of a problem at first." Tom admitted, "But after you fainted and told me about your anxiety, I thought that this might be a really... rather big problem."

They both approached the door and Tom opened it for Daisy, allowing her to wander into the room and look around, trying to find the one thing that was out-of-place. Surely, Tom was making a big deal out of nothing. Like, maybe there wasn't a coffee-maker in the suite, or the TV was too old, or there weren't enough windows... What was this that was so wrong about this suite?

Daisy couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. She laughed a little and walked to the closest bed, sitting down on it and staring up at Tom with amusement on her face.

"This suite looks fine to-" The realization hit her like a MAC truck. She was sitting on the closest bed.... There were TWO beds in the suite... Right next to each other... IN THE SAME ROOM. "Oh, no!" Daisy exclaimed. "Nonononononononononononono... I can't sleep in the same room as you." She felt her heart starting to speed up at the idea of sleeping in the same room as a stranger. Yeah, it was TOM HIDDLESTON but he was a stranger, nonetheless. What if she snored? What if HE snored? What if she had a nightmare in the middle of the night and woke up screaming or something...? Imagine how embarrassing it would be, how humiliating. "No. I'm sorry. Is there anything that can be done about this? Can they offer me another suite? Or at least find a suite where the two beds are separated?!"

"I'm sure they could put one bed in another room, there is plenty of space here." Tom said as a matter-of-fact-ly.

"And you agreed to this?! What if I was some sort of crazy woman that would try to rip out your thorax while you slept and tried to sell it on Craigslist?!" Daisy didn't mean to sound paranoid or make a joke, she was being serious, and she was actually quite surprised to hear Tom's laugh.

"Ehehehehehe..."

As much as Daisy normally loved to hear his contagious laughter, it wasn't really making her feel any better at the moment. Tom continued to speak,

"I didn't know about the suite until I arrived here on the Dreamweaver." He admitted. "I'm guessing it was an intentional mistake so that the reporters can scoop up a story about how I fornicated with a complete stranger and later fell in love and tried to hide it from the press." Tom chuckled a little. "Oh, boy, if they'd only known I was paired with you, you who won't so much as let a reporter take your picture, let alone talk with one."

Daisy was quiet for a while, contemplating the things Tom said... It made sense. The Dreamweaver did seem like a big nesting ground for reporters to pick up good, juicy gossip about their favorite stars, especially with them being in such close-quarters with a stranger of the opposite sex.

"Won't the reporters just barge in here all the time, then? Won't they constantly try to squeeze out a story from this entire trip?" She was concerned, of course. If she had to constantly fight off hungry reporters, what fun would this trip be? How good was it for her anxiety to be barraged by journalists, photographers, reporters, and fans all trying to rip out her hair, ask her if her and Tom were together, or try to make them seem like an item when they were most CERTAINLY NOT.

"I can easily arrange for body guards to keep the press off our backs." Tom said. "I'm so sorry if this caused you any more anxiety. I will make sure that someone comes in to move one of these beds to another room before tonight."

"Thanks." Daisy whispered. Tom turned away and began to walk down the hall of the suite to the phone in the living room.