View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 PM

The pastries came out within a few minutes after Tom and Daisy had sat and started drinking their tea. Daisy only blankly stared at the table, too ashamed to look Tom in the eye. His voice broke through the silence,

"Daisy?" He asked, "Are you alright?"

Daisy looked up at him and gave a tired smile. "Yeah..." She intended to end it there, but something in her said to keep talking. "You know, that was the first time you've ever called me Daisy. Not Miss Daisy, just Daisy." She chuckled softly. Averting her gaze, she lowered her eyes to stare at the table again. She traced the brown cardboard of the coffee cup sleeve and nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt Tom's hand snake across the table to touch hers.

Her head snapped up to look at him and her mouth with open in a silent gasp.

"I thought you'd appreciate it," he smiled. "You know, you remind me of my younger sister."

Daisy thought that was strange. Certainly they weren't similar in looks! She dared to ask,

"What do you mean?"

"You have her personality." He pulled his hand back and allowed it to rest on his tea cup. Daisy couldn't help but see how serene he looked, how much he genuinely seemed to think she and his sister had a lot alike. Daisy looked at him, just ski in his aura, his kindness, his honesty.

"You know..." She started. "You are like the older brother I've always wanted." He looked up at her and they both locked eyes, giving each other big, toothy grins. "Okay, enough talking, I'm hungry!" Daisy said and she picked up her warm pastry and bit into it. Tom, he did the same.