View Single Post
Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2011, 06:35 AM

Violet was curled up on the mattress, a peaceful expression painting her small face. The blanket hung loosely over her legs, but was tight enough around them that he could see the muscled outline of each leg underneath it. Her denim shorts had pulled up from the struggles of the night, and he would bet his life that if he took three steps to the right he could see right up those shorts. Was she wearing underwear, or did she prefer the freedom of going without it? Her tank top had scrunched up as well, revealing inches of her delicate sun kissed skin. Did it feel as soft as it looked? Or taste as delicious? Damn, he needs a woman tonight...He wouldn't be able to get information out of her if he couldn't focus. And, as far as he has noticed so far, focusing was not something his stubborn body was willing to do.

Forcing himself to remain calm, his breath even, he took a bite out of the sandwich and apple to prove it's purity, and placed it on the floor beside her bed. Hesitating on the floor by the bedframe, his eyes closed half mast, listening to the sounds of her slow breaths. A feminine sigh intruded his mind, and he physically jerked away from her, afraid of what he might do if he heard it again. The sigh had sounded so sultry to him, like one a woman would make after her man gave her sweet release, and she was overcome with peace and contentment. Did she make that sound, too? Did her face flush, her lips swollen and red from passionate kissing? Was she the kind of woman to get dressed after making love, or did she bask in the beauty of the human body, baring all?

Only when the slit in the door slammed open could he force himself to pull away from his musings. His body had been poised to take her, begging for contact. Any contact. Torn between being glad for the distraction, and wanting to slam his fist in the man's face for disrupting him, Maddox stood from beside the bed, swiveling to face door. Paris's crystalline eyes were peering through, curiosity glazing them over. His pupils darted between Maddox and the sleeping woman, "Did you knock her out again, man?"

A muscle ticked under the man's eye, "No, I did not. She is sleeping for your information. Why are you here?"

"Well…" the man hesitated, gaze flickering back at the woman, "I wanted to help out. You know I'm better with women than you are. You have no experience with them. I swear dude just give me a few minutes with her. I'll wake her, and her eventually she'll be begging to give me whatever information she has. I swear it." There was almost a pleading tone with the words.

"I told you; you aren't seducing her," Maddox's fingers twitched unnoticeably, prepared to reach for one of his daggers, "She will sleep, and we will continue questioning in the morning. I have gotten information without forcing anything, and I can continue to do so. Leave. I'll be out in a second," only when the metal slammed shut did he head for the door.