View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 PM

Hearing Adela's response, Audran smiled. Like any other elf worth his name, he loved a bit of back and forth, especially if the conversation could be made philosophical in some way. "While she is certainly skilled in picking out complements in nature and putting them together, she is not responsible for the innate beauty of the things she combines," he responded, a shine in his eye as he anticipated her response. Very few people gave him such entertainment by merely having a conversation with them, even back in his village.

While he waited for Adela to respond, he nodded to Iri, showing that he was listening. Making someone feel ignored or unwanted was certainly something he tried to avoid. He was in no way superior to those around him, so why act like it at all? "I imagine that getting her to come over had been a titanic feat. Congratulations for your success. I trust that you had a good time together?" he said, laughing slightly. It was all in good fun, so hopefully she didn't take that the wrong way either. "My summer was good. Most of it was spent in the Glistening Dale with the rest of the village, but we did venture out to several historic locations. It was very enlightening for an apprentice Druid such as myself."

A slight break in the clouds above caused him to look up, though the shaft of light was quickly covered once again. "You haven't answered my question, Adela?" he said, noticing that she had redirected the conversation instead. "Am I to assume that your summer was of very little event? Surely visiting with Iri here had to be a positive experience. I can't imagine it not be." Something told him that he may be pushing onto some unspoken boundary, so he coughed slightly to stop himself and to deliver an unspoken apology. Hopefully, he had gone quite too far.