View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM

The shuttle to the ship was tortuous. With Barnabas, his thirteen men and Andrew there was little to no open space... and there was still the cargo shuttle behind them. "The bloody precious cargo." Barnabas muttered.

The cargo must be protected at all costs, including that of life and limbs. The cargo must not be tampered with, damaged or lost. If the cargo is lost, the punishment will be death. What a mission to take. Even after his thirty years - 23 of which as a marine - Barnabas' father still had no regard for his own son's life. Then again, he wasn't the head of the company like his brother or a universal musician like his sister. A Debaucher. That's all he was, the black sheep of the family. He decided early on to live up to the expectations of his title and had enjoyed every minute of it.

Every minute, that is, he wasn't on a bloody mission. He loved his duty, but his father chose the worst missions he could find. this one however was just a nuisance; being a guard dog to an unknown cargo. Surely the Captain was capable enough to keep it safe without the risk of his men. Then again... He didn't know much about this Captain. It wasn't one of the usual ones he worked with. The name was new, and female. "Andrew," Barnabas quipped, "What do you know about this Captain Eliza, Eva, what's her name?"

"Oh, Sir, it's Evelyn." Andrew sighed. "From my understanding a very capable Captain, Sir. Her crews are always a bit on the lean side and she mostly runs cargo." Andrew pulled up the small tablet he always had with him. "Yes, that's about as much as I know for sure, Sir. You'll just have to meet her."

"Andrew, I'm to take orders from a Captain I don't know? A lean crew? Will the men have to work her ship as well as do their duty? Is her ship even large enough for my men?"

"I don't know, Sir. We shall see." The shuttle docked roughly against the ship's side. The doors latched and the men were free to explode from the small cabin. Barnabas and Andrew stayed behind the group making sure everyone was off and all their personal effects were taken with them. Once the cabin was completely clear, the exited the shuttle.

They stood next to the hatchway waiting for the cargo to arrive. Barnabas almost didn't notice the woman hidden by the group of men, who were clearly lost. Barnabas hollered above the racket, "AT EASE MEN!" The group silenced. "Now, let's play the 'find the Captain' game."