View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM

Walking forward, she had expected the Marines to follow her, as she had ordered. When there was no chatter or noise behind her, she let out a deep sigh and spun about. It took her no time at all to navigate the ship, and she returned to the Shuttle bay, to find a crowd of men. After a good shout, she was able to tell that the Major had taken off to try and follow her.

Resisting the urge to curse roundly at everyone daring to wear the color red, she stalked through the ship. A deckhand pointed her towards main deck, and she emerged, looking at the bright sky, lit by the man stars- including Remus and Romulus. Her home, of course, was on one of the minor planets in rotation around the twins.

The planet had a proper name, she was sure, but the locals all called it Pata. It's main crop was root vegetables, and she had grown up barefoot in the communal living quarters, spending the first half of her life farming potatoes.

She took the first chance she could to get off planet. Sailing was not an easy life, and she had learned everything the hard way. With a look to her first mate (a dark skinned and heavily tattooed man), she summoned him to her side.

"Where is our guest, Mr. Mitchell?" She asked, crossing her arms. Johnathon Mitchell was a well-educated man, and the best first mate she had ever had the pleasure of serving with.

"He came up here, looked contemplative for a few minutes, and then headed towards your state rooms.

"Lovely. Nothing like having our lovely guest running about the ship touching things. Be ready to sail in twenty, Mr. Mitchell. I want to hit the rays out of here, and I will not spend another night in this system. I trust you can take care of that?"

"Yes, Cap'n. Eager to see the open stars?"

"Eager to get out of this system, and eager to get that man off my ship." She said. Turning on her heel, she way the made her below once again.

The way to her Stateroom and cabin was nearly a straight shot, and she spotted him (and his shiny red coat) long before he likely saw her. Striding by him, Evelyn unlocked the door and swung it open for him.

"After you."

It was a sparse room. A dark red sleep pod was strung between two beams. A scrubbed wooden table stood in the middle of the room, and heavy chairs sat on either side of it. Currently, it was bare, but it spent most of it's time covered with charts- or if she was feeling particularly hospitable, a pot of tea and a couple of cups.

Captain Evelyn Ghost was not feeling hospitable.

Wide windows were the only highlight of the room, and the room was flooded with starlight, showing off a magnificent view of the stars only rivaled by the main deck.

"If you are going to be spending upwards of three months on my ship Major, you are going to have to learn your way around." She could tell by the look on his face that he was in a snit, and she sat down one one side of the table with her back to the windows, motioning to the chair in front of her.

"I believe that this is where you storm in, bluster on and on about how things will by on my ship, and leave disappointed, Major Williams."

Evelyn gave him a smile that would rival a sharks, and waited for him to speak.