View Single Post
Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM

short and quick. Barnabas had almost lost her again. He had to admit, the captain did know her ship. His men, to his pleasant surprise stood at attention in the shuttle bay. The men were in three lines. Three, Five then Five again.

"Welcome back, Sir." Andrew said stepping forward from the group. The steward bowed to Eve with educated grace. "Ma'am. I hope you find the men here to be of use to you." He handed forward a list of names, ranks and skills. Andrew had been working on this list for most of the shuttle ride.

"Officers Albrecht and Delaney, step forward." Barnabas said, addressing his friends. The two men, who had been on the right and left - respectively - of the man front and center. The two also bowed to the captain. Albrecht, in fact, took the Captain's and kissed it.

"A pleasure to meet you Captain Ghost," the blonde said, releasing her hand and straightening. "You have a fine ship. I will be pleased to assist you in manning her on our voyage." Albrecht flashed her a dashing smile, before turning to his captain. "You should have told us the captain of this mission would be so enchanting, I would have worn a finer suit."

"Shut yer yap Lukas." The red haired man said, playfully punching Albrecht in the arm. "Name's Delaney, Mum. Ye got werk to do? Tha Major said ye'd need a hand, ye being female an' all." He shot a wily grin at Barnabas. "Ain't she Major. A wee little female wot don't know how to fly a ship."

"Soldier!" Barnabas barked, swatting Paddy upside the back of the head. "You will not refer to the Captain of this ship as such. As of this moment you are to take orders for both her and I. Treat what she says as my command." A couple of the soldiers grumbled, but otherwise spoke their agreements and nodded. "Now..." Barnabas said, turning to face Evelyn. "I believe you are about to show my men your wonderful ship." He looked over his shoulder, "Watch your heads, lads. This ship is tiny."