View Single Post
hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-09-2016, 04:42 AM

'We don't have to talk about it, or explain why. Just help.'
That suits me pretty fine.

A breeze picked up, dissipating the thickness in the air somewhat. 'I'm Finn,' he said, scuffing the ground with the tip of his shoe. Why was he feeling so uncertain and almost opposed? Of course, it'd take a while to recover some resolve again. He just had to surf along with the crest and crash of emotions…
The idea came that very moment, spinning off a correction to his thoughts, that there were never any crests. Ripples of hope, maybe. He wanted to experience a crest… heck, a cascade even. He wanted to feel big things, even if they were too deep for him to stay afloat, powerful enough to drown him. He'd always craved it, but now that he had nothing to lose, he could actually go take it…

'How about we live this day out and die come midnight?' he said hesitantly, his give-no-fucks confidence drained away. At once, he had to justify it; explain how they'd spend so many hours. He shifted his feet awkwardly and said with almost apprehensive deliberation, 'I've heard it said too many times that living like there's no tomorrow is the way to do it, but nobody really means it when they say so, because then you wouldn't care about anything or anyone, not even yourself. You'd just want to feel and experience as much as you can before you go. And, uh, it's possible now. If you dig the idea.' Did he sound sappy? He bet he did. He wanted to make it so he couldn't say any worse, wanted to yell 'Not being able to live is KILLING me!' like he hadn't already exploded by revealing… important thoughts. His feet suddenly stilled, he stared at his shoes, wishing he could disappear immediately, disappear just like that without having to make it happen.