View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-07-2016, 01:52 AM

Lucy only hung around at Jack's table for a couple of minutes, pretending to be busy with something. She only hung around to make sure that Jack was alright and actually talking to James' sister. Once she was positive they were engaged in conversation, she waved back at the young girl and went back to sweeping. Lucy only noticed James threatening some men out of the corner of her eye as she swept. It was pleasant to see him stand up for his sister like that, it reminded her a lot of the way Jack stood up for her most of the time.

When Lucy finished sweeping, she brought the dustpan and the broom back to the closet in the back room near the kitchen. She then waited around at the register for a few minutes. Remembering the blood on her fingers, she went to the kitchen to rinse her hands again, scrubbing them hard with soap in hopes of getting the stains out for good.

Jack smiled back at Sammy. "Hey, it's nice to meet you Sammy. I'm Jack Kappel. My sister knows your brother, I guess. She told me to say hi." Jack realized how that sounded, "N-not that I didn't want to say hi... It's just... well..." He stammered a little and his face flushed. Jack truly didn't know how to talk to girls, he'd never really talked to them or dated anyone seriously before. He was always so concerned about his sister. He was rather protective of her, after all. "Uh..." Jack continued to fumble over his words a little before finally asking, "Uh.... is it okay if I study with you?"