View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-22-2019, 03:31 AM

*hug!*

Yeah, I have known several vegans who believed that even owning an animal as a "pet" was not vegan. I've seen several protesters at the Renaissance Festival who were pissed off that the elephant rides were demeaning for the elephant??

In MY honest opinion, I *love* animals, but I do believe that domesticated animals NEED a human to take care of them. I wouldn't have let me bunny loose because she's an "animal" and I shouldn't be using her for "Entertainment". Even then, she wqasn't "entertainment" she was a "companion".

There's also been a few vegan Youtubers that I love that were brutally harassed because they got a dog from a breeder instead of adopting. Even though I wouldn't have made that decision myself, I liked her explanation...
"Telling someone to adopt a dog because there are many homeless dogs out there is like telling your parents that they shouldn't have had you because there are so many homeless children out there!"

Made sense to me. I bought my bunny from a breeder, myself. But at the time, I didn't know anything about adoption. Frankly, I wasn't *thrilled* to have a rabbit. Truthfully, my parents let me get a rabbit from my dad's friend's farm because I used to have a pet rooster, but he was too loud, too crazy and I couldn't take care of him anymore. So, they got me a rabbit.

I didn't do any research on how to care for a rabbit. I wasn't prepared for her to live so long, either! I honestly didn't really want a rabbit, but as soon as I saw her, she melted my heart. :D I do feel as though I've "Saved" her, as she was the only lop rabbit in the litter and was going to be bred to make possible other lop rabbits.

I'm so happy I got her. But now that I know more about rabbits, I am definitely going to adopt when I get my own place with enough room.