View Single Post
Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM

"It's not a bother at all. And yes. He can be shy sometimes. " He listened to her talk about her mother, when she took a bite, He finished his, and said, "I see. I know how hard that can be. My mother died before i left for the sea, and then the captain before me took me and Rivar is as Rivar's parents died from the same thing as my mother. He taught me and Rivar all we know about the sea and living on it. He died from old age, and his will stated I was to become captain after him, and Rivar was to be my equal. Rivar got the money, I got to be captain. It was fair enough. I think the old man saw that I was a bit more fit to run a ship with my ability to manipulate water, and knew that i would be able to demand the respect needed from a crew, allowing me to ensure that Rivar was respected as equally as I am." He paused to take a bite. He pushed the food over to his cheek and looked down, holding his hand with his fork infront of his mouth so Tanya was not able to see the food in his mouth. "Soon after the Old man dies, I met Arashi, and Rivar and I decided to keep him on the ship. Arashi was special, which is easy to tell by looking at his eyes. He's one of the only cats i've ever met with the ability to speak. I met two others, which, i believe were Arashi's mother and grandfather. His grandfather was close to the end of his life, and his mother seemed uninterested in having Arashi around when i spoke with her. She didn't care if he stayed or went, so he decided to go with me. He was probably just barely weaned from her at the time too. I've never asked him if he would want to go back. I don't think he would, though, because he doesn't seem the type to reminisce about the past too much." He stopped talking and finished chewing quickly before saying, "You are easy to talk to, you know? I wasn't exactly intending for you to hear about all of that... Uh, When did you learn about your ability?"