View Single Post
The Whitewolf Shaman
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Considering my charity is designed to all MEMBERS of Menewsha, I suppose it doesn't really apply to me. I tend to randomly search through Mene for a face and toss them the daily donation anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, I do wish there was a way the fresh meat forum wasn't just a junkyard for old threads to last 4-5 posts, before a new user leaves and just wastes up space.

In my opinion, and this may seem like more work than its worth, and could possibly cause more stress than it should, but here is my own personal design of the newbie forum layout.

I personally would set up the Newbie forum with a couple of stickies to help new users get a feel for how the site works, and instead of allowing new users to post their own threads there, make one sticky thread (sort of like the "avatar above you" sticky in Avatar Chat) dedicated to allowing new users to get comfortable on Mene. Perhaps a charity thread designed to welcome these new users. Something like the charity thread that offers out newbie clothes. Such a thread could have "once you've obtained this amount of posts, and gotten a feel for how the site works, you are rewarded" contests.

This sort of thread idea would both clean up the site, cleaning out the quickly abandoned threads, and allow new members to get a feel for how incredible the people here are, and generally figure out how the site works.

The thread host (And any other regulars who feel they'd like to) could help the new users, sort of like a teacher, in getting a feel for how to do other things, like posting their own threads, and answer any questions new users might have.

Last edited by The Whitewolf Shaman; 09-23-2010 at 10:25 AM..