View Single Post
portraitinblack
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subconscious_Domain View Post
Totally love this book. One of my favorite and most read book.
I've read it four times now.

And I'm doing a book review speech thing tomorrow.
I'm really excited about it... but I went way over on the time limit. I love the book so much.

I just can't even express how much I love it.

I also hate how those who hate Twilight won't even give The Host a chance.
It is SO much better in my opinion.
Why is Twilight so big?
The Host should be bigger.
Good luck on your book review speech, though the date for you doing it has passed. ^^;; The Host should definitely be bigger, because it still has a love story that people can enjoy, while also having a storyline that's not all about that. Twilight is big because of all the built up hype about it. The Host probably hasn't been out long enough, since the hysteria over Twilight started to get really bad just over the last two or so years. Also, many people won't check it out because half of them couldn't get through Twilight with all the grammatical errors because the book was never properly edited.

It's sad, but if The Host becomes a movie, maybe then people will give it a chance. IF the trailer for it doesn't say "from the author who brought you the Twilight Saga."

If they do that, the movie will never get new fans. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobella View Post
The Host is infinitely better than Twilight. It has a logical plot and developed characters. It's actually written well and it's interesting.
Couldn't agree more. I'm sure some fussy people could find flaws in it, but it's still a step up and it shows that Stephenie has a lot of great ideas, if people give her a chance. Though in regards to Twilight, I think at the very least Midnight Sun (the chapters on her website) sounds the best written out of all the books so far. Anyway, I like The Host because it's very different, and the imagery in it is so vivid I can really picture it in my mind perfectly.