View Single Post
Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
I think consent is consent. If you drink and drive, you're held accountable for your actions. Why is it any different if you drink and consent to sex? Unless they took advantage of your drunken state and physically forced you into having sex, regret doesn't mean rape.
Here is where I disagree with you on that comparison, Dystopia, having sex and operating a motor vehicle are two totally different things. Getting behind the wheel drunk, buzzed, or otherwise impaired is a conscious will by the person. If they are black out drunk that's on them. People drinking should not have access to a vehicle.

This isn't about "regret," this is about the ABILITY of a person to make the RIGHT choice for themselves. People drinking do NOT make the right choices, whether it's getting behind the wheel of a vehicle or nuding up and going at it with a good friend. Having sex is personal, it's physical, and invasive.

You are right in that consent is consent, but alcohol involvement means that a person doesn't HAVE the ability to consent because they are not within their full faculty of senses to truly know what is happening. As for the ass hats that drink and drive, well they deserve to be punished.

If we could teach our kids responsible drinking and better public transportation, we wouldn't have these kind of issues. Other developed countries don't have this much of an issue.