View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM

"Me?" Becca looked down at her plate. "No, I usually cook proportionately." She chuckled. "Matt was cooking when I left this morning. He always cooks way too much. We learned to cook together though, so you'd probably find that our tastes are similar." She thought to explain further, "Our parents were gone a lot, so it was a learn to cook or die kind of thing."

Okay, so die was a little extreme. They could have ordered out. But there was only so much pizza and Chinese food two kids could eat. She continued eating, glancing over at Aiden when he spoke again, of draining the bacon. "Ahhhmmm..." she was caught. Her cheeks reddened lightly and she shook her head. "No!" she scoffed. What, could he read minds or something?! She eyed him suspiciously for a moment before continuing to eat.

When he answered a question of her own, she found herself wondering just exactly what those things were that he could do now, that he couldn't do before. But then he was excusing himself. She finished off her bacon. She couldn't imagine not being able to taste bacon. Or chocolate, or coffee. She felt a little bad for Aiden. But there wasn't any need she supposed. He seemed to prefer things this way.

She almost didn't hear him re-enter the kitchen. He was so quiet. She wondered if it was intentional. They finished up breakfast quickly enough, Becca because she'd been starving, but now she felt a lot better. Between breakfast and Aiden's, blood, though she had a hard time reliving that, she was feeling better than ever. She realized then, that events of the morning were growing fuzzier and fuzzier as the day went on. She assumed that was just how the human mind coped. Good.

"Hmm?" Becca pulled herself from her thoughts. "Tomorrow? Well, I'm supposed to get up to Camp Bloodlake and make sure things are well, check the schedule book, you know. But that's all." She smiled at Aiden, realizing that her normal confident smile was somewhat different around Aiden. Somehow more shy, unsure. Very very unlike her. But then, that's why she liked Aiden's company. He was different, and made her feel... different, too.

((Matt should come down next post. ))