View Single Post
Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockReject View Post
I wish I could just stop drinking and eating certain things. I was able to do it when I became a vegetarian almost four years ago. But I haven't been able to do something like that since.
Well it helps that I moved to a completely different environment where people don't drink soda as much. The selection for sodas at most stores is much smaller. The cup and bottle sizes are smaller too. There are a lot of healthier (and tasty) drink options available and I'd say it's easier and cheaper to buy them than soda since you can find tea, water, and lightly-flavored sports drinks in just about any vending machine and convenience store.

It's hard to stick to a diet change when you're surrounded by foods and drinks that you really like but aren't healthy for you. It's easy to fall into the trap of buying too large of portions because it's on sale or "more for your money". Gosh, I was kind of shocked how hard it was to eat normal portions while visiting America with my boyfriend. We ended up buying dishes meant for a single person and splitting them, which filled both of us up.