View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Lairen didn't understand how Aym thought he might not come. It was impossible for him not to, even if he shouldn't and it was forbidden and even now, he looked anxiously toward heaven because he was sure someone up there knew he'd done something bad in coming here. They probably knew the second he made the decision to come. "I..." But the words got stuck in his throat and he ended up not having the chance or the ability to interrupt Aym until the very end.

"S-sorry," Lairen choked out, not even sure why he was. "This, no...how is it possible? I know sometimes you were a little different, but you were always good!" he cried out, unable to stop himself from stepping closer, his eyes finally meeting those of his friend. One hand lifted, wanting desperately to grasp hold of Aym, but stopping short. He didn't drop it though, just kept reaching out without being able to do a thing. "I know you were, that you are good. I should know you better than anyone else. I...I don't know what I'm going to do without you..."

But did he know Aym the best? The naggling thought echoed in Lairen's eye as he stared at the now fallen angel who had dropped his gaze to the ground. The question that had burned into him the entire way here now sat lodged in his throat. Lairen realized he was afraid to know why. He was afraid. Afraid that if Aym kept talking, he would realize he never knew his best friend at all. And that, more than the fact that heaven and earth had torn them apart, would hurt the most.

Finally, Lairen dropped his gaze back to the ground as well. "...Aym, I don't know what I should do."