View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Part Five
Shina excitedly walked between the stone carvings that towered above her head. She entered the dark cave and stood just inside peering into the darkness. She couldn't make anything out with any of her senses. She couldn't see. No sounds came from within. The air was dry. A gentle breeze barely stirring the air. She impatiently turned to wait for Jack.

Jack walked up to the young child and pulled a torch from his bag. He held it in one hand, and a spark of blue flame leaped from his fingertip to the oil-soaked torch. Flaring into a flaming beacon of light, he grinned at her and winked. She blinked at the torch for a moment, then smiled and turned to walk inside.

As they made their way, Shina noticed the walls covered in blue runes of their village. She felt comfortable among the familiarity of them, but a bit excited too. This was quite the adventure. Reaching a large room, she stood staring in astonishment. Here, the high ceiling far above their heads glowed with millions and millions of tiny blue lights. At the far end was a statue of a horse, rearing with hooves covered in blue fire. Though the horse was but stone, the fire was as blue and real as the blue magic she used in her artistry. Surrounding them were shelves and tables full of ancient artifacts. The most basic of designs, she could easily see when a design flowed from style to style. It didn't matter if it was a weapon, art, or clothing style. She understood each one.

"Pretty cool huh young one?" Jack said quietly. He grinned at her and showed her a place on a table for her own jar. She set it there carefully and stepped back. He placed a tablet in front of it that had her name, the moon age, and her family sign. He then proceeded to play enthusiastic tour guide amid her giggles. When all was done and well, they left that quiet place. A history of their people. A shrine to the past.

THE END. You may now comment on my first short story. Did I represent the characters correctly? Did I keep consistent with their personalities? Anything else you wish to add? Remember, after awhile I will move on to the next story. If I do, then just PM me anything you want to say on this short story.