View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 PM

Mrs. Browne, a plump middle aged woman, smiled at the new governess’ questions. “I’ve worked at Elmsly Manor my whole life, Miss, and my mother before me. It is indeed a lovely place, but it needs a great deal of modernization. It is well and past time that we had gas lights, and all the modern conveniences, but Lord Rathingar is dead set against it.” She sighed looking lost in thought for a moment. “That’s a story for another day... I don’t know as I’ve ever counted exactly how many rooms there are, but I’d guess upwards of a hundred, especially if you count the servant’s quarters.”

She led Miss Bronte through the entrance hall. The large, two storied room had a small wooden staircase along the walls on either side, although the balustrades were ornately carved and richly polished. There was also a large marble staircase on the back wall. Mrs. Browne headed for the stairs on the right. “Miss Leanna’s rooms, and yours, are in the east wing, where I expect you’ll be spending most of your time.” She gave Miss Bronte another smile. “If you leave your trunk at the bottom of the stairs, my Jonathan will bring it up for you in a moment.”