View Single Post
ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 AM

The Welsh Dragon?

Ari stopped in his tracks and blinked a few times. Firstly, she complimented his piercings. Of course she did because they were fabulous. He'd thank her for that in a minute after he finished howling with laughter at her face. Clutching his stomach he couldn't stop snickering. She'd called herself the Welsh Dragon and looked...adorable. "Oh honey, ahahaha! Aren't you the cutest little bit? To borrow a fitting quote, I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover! Goodness gracious." Ari took a deep breath and wiped a tear from his eye.

He hadn't laughed that hard in ages. His sides hurt, he needed some water. "Thank you for not only a much needed laugh but for complimenting my earrings. I got a lot of them between Hot Topic and Forever 21. I have a huge collection of earrings and all kinds of jewelry and..." He caught himself smiling brightly while twirling a lock of his hair around his finger. That meant he was talking about something he loved and was about to get lost in it. This wasn't a friend. This wasn't a potential date. This was his babysitter. Cue a mental vampire hiss of disapproval.

"Come on here. I need to get downstairs." Without thinking about it Ari quickly and carefully slung Ella over his shoulder before heading downstairs. She didn't weigh too much so this wasn't a tough task at all. He placed her on the family room couch within sight of the kitchen. "Since we're stuck together and I'm hungry, you ever eat Cajun food?" The blonde rummaged around in the fridge until he found three of his favorite homemade dishes. Mentally he thanked heaven that his mother never left behind good old Southern cooking.

He may have been annoyed about having a bay sitter but he wasn't going to starve the girl. As light as she was, she probably could use a bite to eat anyways. "Chér, if a wind came by you would've blown away on me. If you don't eat some now, I'm sending it home with you." He insisted as the dishes heated up. Spicy, savory scents wafted towards the living room. Sausage, sweet bell peppers, and shrimp were only some of the delicious things being warmed up.