View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

"I am not late," she huffed, as always reacting badly to any hints of incompetence - hers or others'. Honestly, why did he have to get here before her? Ah, but there was nothing she could do about it so instead she chose to inspect the scene more closely. It definitely looked like a professional's job which made the matter much worse. She was about to tell Ryx that, but he of course had to take the chance to tease her.

The two of them, questionably the most famous couple in the city, despite her denial of anything between them (his smirks and dubious remarks erased any progress she could make with quelling the rumor), happened to be partners in fighting crime. And damn good partners, too, if she was allowed to say so. They complimented each other well, with their wit and intelligence as well with fighting styles. Unfortunately, he was also a teasing smarta** who loved to rile her up. And usually managed to, despite her best attempts to keep cool.

"No, my dream of some crazy person committing crime came true and now I get to track them down with you and your puns," Lumena replied with wry smile. "This looks similar to last week's pipe bomb. I managed to track down possible seller of some of these parts, how about we go and have a little chat with him?"

If he'd agree, she'd lead the way, further into worst quarters of the town. Her gift gave her the ability to fly, easing the journey when simple acrobatics didn't come to be quite as handy, and few times she had even given her a partner a lift, though with one of her solar spheres rather than how fans depicted them - hugging (and often kissing) in the starlit sky. Perhaps she was so bothered by the thought tonight because... Well, holidays made more than just criminals feel lonely and her horizon was void of anyone special.

Their goal was a run down garage-style shop, though everything important happened in basement. Lumena wasn't going to be shy about kicking down a door or two if needed.