View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 04-11-2008, 01:19 AM

59. No Way Out

Putnar knew something was wrong as soon as they turned down that narrow little street. There was an shining black Corvette sitting out in front of the house, he wasn't sure of it's year, cars like that didn't drive down their street very often.

He heard his brother curse under his breath and he whipped a little to quickly up to the curb and threw the car into break. "Stay in the car" He said quickly as he got out.

"But..."

"Just stay in the car!"He snapped as he slammed the door.

Putnar watched his brother walk away in surprise, he had never yelled at him like that, ever. He looked up then to see that a man had gotten out of the car and was now leaning lightly on it in his expensive looking business suit as he smoked a cigarette. He rolled the window down a crack as they started to talk.

"What the hell are you doing here?" His brother said defensively.

"You know exactly why." He said as he let out a breath of smoke, "The same reason Putnar isn't in school right now. Aren't you supposed to be taking care of him?"

"Well you're one to talk aren't you Dad!"

Putnar sat frozen, that was his father? He was suddenly angry, his father was well off, much better off than they had ever been, and what did they get, a mere two hundred dollars a month.

"What exactly have you ever done for him besides leave us? You have no right to be here, I'm his guardian. Get out before I..."

"He belongs in prison. You know that don't you." His father said pointedly.

His brother stared back.

"You wanna know why he isn't in prison right now?" He asked as he dropped his cigarette and stomped it out, "Because I'm taking him in. All the arrangements have been made, he's been transfered and I've got people out buying things for him so he doesn't have to worry about taking any his garbage with him. All that's left is to get him on a plane and out of this wretched city."

Putnar could not help but laugh, and not just a little chuckle, but a crazy laughter so bad he couldn't breath. He had ruined his life in more ways than he could possibly imagine, all by buying that stupid gun. He was cracking up, in his laughter, and deep inside his very soul.