Thread: Social Sciences
View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM

((*laugh* Sorry about the huge delay! I forgot that we had this thread because I read the post and then didn't reply. :sweat: I was super busy. I have a free moment, so here I go!))

Ray smiled a bit. "Sounds perfect." He then looked back down at their sketches. The each had their own style that really told them apart. Daphne's were light and fleeting, while Koon's were full of darker lines and a bit more detail. Light, and in contrast to hers, dark.
Listening to Daphne's schedule, the male nodded. Brushing his long hair back behind his ears, Ray looked at the pencil that Laine had tucked behind her ear. Instead of speaking in the small silence that flit between them, the male merely did what he was best at: he fell silent.

"What got you into Sign in the first place?"
Ray tilted his head as though thinking, and took a deep breath before saying anything at all. "My younger brother used to sign. He had a deaf friend, and I thought it would be a good skill to learn." He didn't mention that his father and brother had been lost in a shipwreck roughly four years prior. Ray learned it because it made him remember his lost family. There was the vaguest shift in his expression. Honestly, many people wouldn't have noticed it - the subtle way a frown pulled at his brow and lips was gone within a second. "Learning a language is almost like learning math. There's a system. It's predictable." Sure, right until you reached the irregularities. But, even those were predictable.

As they spoke, a goth-dressed girl approached them. She looked a bit peeved, but it seemed a natural look for her. "Ray, are you coming tonight?" Her darkly-lined eyes flickered over to Daphne, and she didn't even bother smiling to acknowledge her.

"My plans haven't changed," Koon replied, glancing at the girl. He wondered if he should introduce them, but he didn't have the chance.

"She isn't coming, is she?"

Ray lifted his eyebrows in surprise. "Quite the pleasant thing to say." His blue eyes narrowed then, and he shrugged. "If she does, I'll be sure to keep it quiet." He watched as the goth turned on her heel and headed for the desk across the room. Ray didn't make many friends, and he didn't even consider the girl to be one of them, but he made a few acquaintances in his time modeling. Apparently "goth" and emo were in at the moment.
"I'm sorry. She doesn't know how to interact properly." Granted, neither did Ray . . . but at least he'd gone through high school with normal people. That woman never had. . . .