View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 AM

Collin could hear the annoyance in the young man's voice, and truly could he blame him? He was wrapped up in a murder he hadn't committed, for as Collin previously had mentioned he was certain the man had nothing to do with the death of Pollyanna. The man's dark eyes held a cold glare to Collins own silver eyes. But Collin did not waver, he held the man's stare, for how long he was unsure. Eventually however, he spoke still holding that piercing glare, "I do apologize, but I am afraid it is necessary. For you see, to everyone but me you are still a criminal in this case. It remains so until I give the order to release you."

There was drone like, almost bored quality to the way the prince had said that last bit. It had been an automatic response. There was nothing in the current turn of events, or the prospect of what he was about to do that brought him any form of excitement. Was this to be the extent of his life? Condemning people to death in a courtroom for entertainment? The thought of it made him want to Vomit, but so was the way of the world. He was to forever be nothing but a bobble for the country to gawk at.

Finally Collin broke the eye contact and walked towards the door. Sighing he said sadly, "Come, the court awaits us," and left through the door first but stood back to let the others pass him on the way towards the audience Chamber, anything to forestall the whole thing a few more moments. He let Abigail and Gastov pass first, followed by one guard. The silver haired man followed by another guard fell into place now. Collin slowly fell into step next to the silver haired man.

Each step felt like Collin was headed for doom, it would be the same routine day after day, week after week, year after year. Something in Collin's mind snapped, and his eyes began to dart around searching for a way out. He couldn't do it, he couldn't let himself be doomed to this life. He searched desperately for a way to escape from this cage. He'd failed before, many times before, but he had to try at least one more time.

There was a passage out to the gardens ahead of them to the right that Collin knew about. Of course he knew about it, Collin knew about all the passages in and out of the Castle. If he timed this right he could make a getaway out into the balcony while the guards were preoccupied with the prisoner. He could use this to his advantage and yet....he couldn't. He knew that if he left the man behind his good for nothing brother would have him executed for the hell of it. Closing his eyes for a moment he made the decision.

Taking one big deep breath he counted down the steps till they reached the small corridor off to the right. At just the right moment he grabbed the man's hand said quietly so that only the silver haired man could here him. "I know you don't trust me, but I'm getting out of here, follow me". He couldn't force the man to go with him, but at the moment all he could do was urge him to follow. As soon as the corridor came into view Collin sprinted down it as fast as he could.