View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM

Lydia opened up the shutters mid-sentence in her lecture about grammar to wake up a few of her older students who had heard it all before. "...because in Latin it is impossible to split the infinitive as it's all just the same word." She turned back around quickly and noticed one Mister James Portway, the local clown, changing his face back to something more respectful. Lydia frowned and shook her head. She didn't want to put him in the corner just yet... it would be nice if he actually spent one class day sitting with the other students and participating. "Now if you in the first row would spend the next few minutes practicing your hand writing, and the second row... I'll give you a few sentences and you'll need to determine which words are the subjects, objects and verbs..."

"But it's lunchtime!" wailed one of the smallest students who clearly was suffering from sitting in once place for far too long.

After a pause Lydia nodded "Alright... well that means you'll need to do it for homework. I want to see two slates filled with handwriting from you three, I'll give you lot the sentences while you're eating and those of you who are in the back I have a vocabulary list for you to memorize."

The children jumped up onto their feet and quickly made for the door. They were promised the comfort of dining and playing outside for lunch in the shade of the large live oaks that sat nearby. Lydia followed them out and sat down on a bench near the schoolhouse door to keep an eye out for any trouble-making they might get themselves into.