View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM

The blonde woman bowed her head slightly "I'm certain I can manage it, Mr. Ohanko. It isn't even a full bag." -- truly after all this attention she would close herself up into the cabinet when she meant put the flour away as well. "Thank you for your concern. I will definitely ask if help when I need it." She eyed the bag of flour in his hands, wanting to ask him to put it back down on the sealed barrel she was standing beside but failed in mustering up the courage to do so.

While Lydia worked on summoning her nerve a wagon stopped just off of the apothecary porch and a woman hopped down from the front, smiling with white teeth under red, red lips that from Lydia's knowledge of the world belonged only to saloon and show girls. As she made closer toward them the woman's legs caught Ms. Ivy's attention and she gawked in silent horror at the women in trousers... She understood a woman wearing trousers if she were working in some fields and perhaps with animals but to ride into town in a pair was something out entirely! It was customary to dress one's best when they came to town not... not like this! Beyond the sight of her lips and clothing when she opened her mouth to speak her diction and pronunciation didn't match one another at all, either. The school marm looked further troubled and fretted She's... putting on airs? Faking an accent? What the blazes is this woman doing?!

No, no, no... I can't stay here. I just know I'll say something offensive to-- but why one Earth would you wear trousers AND paint your lips?! She thought, looking increasingly troubled while the girl asked her question. As Silas replied Lydia's eyes shot toward Ohanko then to his hand. Gently she tried to take the bag of flour back from him Mr. Ohanko could probably help her out while I make my escape to the house...