View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:18 PM

Mannik wanted to scream and yell when the girl flinched back from him. Was he really that much of a monster? Mannik supposed he was, after the things he had said to her tonight. With his eyes closed, Mannik couldn't help but tense as he heard the female approach.

He listened to her kneel, and to be honest, he had expected her to slid the knife into his ribs, strip him of his weapons, and take off, probably for the Commander. Mannik held his breath, and seemed to wait forever, until he felt her hands on his skin. The flesh twitched slightly, but Mannik kept his eyes shut.

Her hand was gone a second later, though Mannik still kept his eyes closed, and his face turned away. Then came the needle. The wound was deep, and surprise, surprise, it hurt to have it messed with. Mannik fought to stay still, when his instincts told him to attack the thing that was hurting him. Though all of that seemed to change when she started to hum. His pain was still there, but it gave him something to focus on.

The hands under his head had balled into fists, and they slowly relaxed. Mannik turned his head back to the female, blinking at her curiously. He found himself rather disappointed when she stopped. She had a rather pretty voice. Then she opened her mouth and began speaking. He listened intently, focusing on something besides what she was doing. Adelmar was talking about school. And embroidery. Contrary to what she seemed to think, Mannik found it rather fascinating.

Adelmar glanced at him, and Mannik shifted his gaze away quickly, feeling rather warm all of a sudden. He felt like he had been caught doing something wrong. Her next words made his eyes shift back, however. "No..." Mannik stated, glancing at the gash in his side before continuing in a softer, gentler voice. "Don't stop. I mean, it's interesting. I've never got to see it...like that. It's always a...get in and get out kinda thing..."