View Single Post
Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2016, 03:50 AM

Recipe: DIY Watermelon Keg

Speaking of watermelon in the summertime, I thought this was a cute idea by Hey! It's Mosogourmet!! あっ、 妄想グルメだ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtS...t=WL&index=137. It is a watermelon keg! It is super simple, although it looks like it requires quite a bit of work. Luckily, the family in the video all worked together to accomplish this DIY. You basically slice off the top of a watermelon, enough so that you can easily scoop out the entire inside of it. You then drill a big enough hole into the bottom half of the watermelon to insert a spigot, which you can turn on and off to allow and disallow flow, respectively. Then, you separate the seeds from the rest of the watermelon and puree it. I usually buy seedless watermelons, which helps because then you would not have to separate the seeds and can have one fewer step in this process. But anyway, you puree the watermelon and pour it into your homemade watermelon keg. Then, you can open the spigot so that the watermelon puree spills into a glass and voila! A fun way to enjoy a yummy refreshing drink! :D I don't know if they mentioned this in the video (as I do not understand Japanese), but I would probably chill the watermelon puree in the fridge before serving so that it tastes even more yummy and refreshing.