View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-22-2017, 01:30 AM

After a second to adjust, Josiah's eyes made out his room easily enough in the early morning light that made it through a thicker curtain that what decorated the rest of the house. He stood in the center of it and didn't turn when Finn joined him, closing the window carefully. He could have just left it open. It wouldn't have mattered either way since they wouldn't be here for long. "Hush," he hissed slightly before stepping forward. A desk sat under a cross hanging on the wall. The room looked bereft in many ways, like a person with no personality lived there. Or a person with a fake one. Books lined the top of the desk, mostly for school, but a few religious ones mixed in as well. Josiah bypassed them to open a drawer.

"Here," he added, holding out an object he found after only a half second of shuffling. "Like I said, we came to get some things. It's not really that important, but..." Trailing off again, he offered the disposable camera to Finn. While it was something he oddly wanted to have for their impromptu trip, it wasn't what he really came for. After another second, he explained with some hesitation.

"You know how we said we could make a bonfire at the end? There are a few things I'd like to throw into it. Memories..." He glanced at the camera. "Like the ones we can make with that. Just burn them." He turned away again to feel along the underside of the drawer he'd opened. From there, he pulled out a couple photographs that he taped underneath. The well worn edges felt rough under his fingers and he stared into the face of an adolescent boy from some article. Shoving them into his pocket, he spun away.

"It's nothing more than that. I just wanted some things to burn."