Thread: {Worlds Merged}
View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-19-2014, 05:21 AM

Ayumu pulled Ryou along and the pair entered the café. Looking around the young woman grinned. The place was rather nice and the air was filled with the scent of tea, coffee and sweets. She giggled slightly as she hauled her dear friend over to an empty table. “I hope they have oolong tea or white tea. Especially after someone forgot to pack them when we moved.”

Ryou lowered his head slightly to avoid her gaze when she reminded him about forgetting her tea. “I’m sure they will my lady.” He gave her a sheepish grin as he pulled out a chair for her to sit. Once she was seated he took his place in the seat across from her. His eyes scanned the café, noting everyone around them. He couldn’t be off guard now that Ai was with him.

After taking her seat she picked up the menu, skimming over it. She was a little surprised at the variety that the café offered, but pleased as well when she seen the teas she had mentioned among others. “Looks like I will be letting you off the hook this time Ryou.” With a smile she chuckles, her gaze returning to the man sitting across from her. As usual he was being over cautious in her opinion. She had already had her shikigami, Shiro, check into the town before their arrival. The report was rather interesting, but for now there weren’t really any threats.

“Dearest, please pay more attention to me and less to the people around us. You might make some of them nervous. Things are ok for now, the way they are.” Her words were soft, barely above a whisper.

With a sigh the man returned his attention to the woman sitting across from him. She was right as usual. As long as things stayed like they were then everything would be fine and he could relax. “I apologize. It’s just hard to break old habits. Plus as your bo…companion I must keep you safe at all times.” Unable to relax he had returned to speaking formally to her.

It always annoyed Ayumu when he did this. There was no reason for him to speak formal with her unless she ordered it. In this case she hadn’t and it made her feel uneasy. “I understand, but please try to relax a bit. Also don’t be so formal with me. There is no need. I just want us to be able to have some fun for a change.” There was a hint of caring in her voice as she lightly scolded her companion.