View Single Post
BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 AM

A shiver washed over Lixi at the thought of going back. "No." She responded quickly, curtly. "No, I'm not going back. Not till we have to." She paused and thought it over for a moment. "I just thought of the stranger, haven't quite worked out all the why's and how's of it. I think... I think maybe, we can summon him? Or summon someone close enough to him to get the message out. I just don't quite know how... or who..."

A soft smile played at the corner of her lips as she thought about what he'd said about loosing her. "I don't know if this is comforting at all, but if we don't do what we're doing, if we aren't willing to risk everything, then there's more than a slight chance that it wouldn't just be me you were loosing." It wasn't comforting, at all, and she knew it. Lixi's mind spun and raced as she tried to force herself to think as a human, to view loss and pain on the individual basis, instead of seeing the greater whole as she'd come to over the years.

"Look..." Lixi smiled a little more pushed Martin onto his back in the sand. Quickly, fluidly, she slid one leg over him and sat atop him. "If, somehow, we beat all the odds, we stop this, fix the world, get to go back to normal boring lives," her fingers toyed with the fabric of Martin's shirt as they traced their way up and down his chest. "Then, I promise you, once I've fulfilled my obligation, I will return to you... for you. I'll follow you to wherever you decide to go in life, be there to hold you every night, and stand beside you through whatever comes our way, be it mundane, or extraordinary, for as long as you want me around." She knew she'd said something similar before, or at least had thought of it, but this time, it had more weight. This was a promise, this was something she would genuinely try to make happen... it was something she wanted.