View Single Post
SUPERKICKS
Nutmeg

Old 06-10-2014, 07:17 PM

Alison chuckled lightly at him. He moved awkwardly as if trying to play off some unskilled fighter. She knew better. The marks on the men that came scrambling out of the alley way were not made by someone who was an amateur fighter. "Just a little whack? With your purse?" She asked, mocking him a little, "I've seen you in the gym, hun. You've got a mean punch." Alison bumped her shoulder into his arm slightly. At this moment, she realized that she wasn't all that much shorter than he was. She was a taller woman, so it didn't really surprise her. But she had to be only a few inches shorter than him. She could easily look him in the eye if she turned to him.

Alison's smile became a little more real when he agreed to get a drink with her. For a while now, Alison had completely disconnected herself from anyone besides Jack. Her friends at the office barely talked to her and she didn't try to talk to them. A mixture of depression and anger had been her problem. Two emotions that simply didn't mix well together at all. They had plagued her for the past two years. She was so angry at Jack for what he did, for lying to her about everything. But she couldn't help but still love him. Her instability was completely based on his death and lies. She had been trying to get out again, but that was only causing her more depression. And the annoyances she found in bars was only causing her anger to flare up again. It's what caused her the leave of absence at work and the mandatory evals.

After a few entries in her journals, Alison had decided to stop trying to look for someone to date and just start with friends. And this man beside her, who she had only seen a few times at the gym, seemed like the perfect place to start. "You coming?" She snapped out of her thoughts and narrowed his eyes at him, a crooked smiled coming to pink lips. She raised a brow and snorted. "Are you challenging me?" She scoffed with a laugh. "You bet I'm coming!"

Alison jogged a bit to catch up to him, softly smacking the back of his shoulder as she passed him and ran off, leading him to a new bar that had opened up a few blocks over. Once they arrived, Alison only slightly out of breath, she laugh and turned to him. "You kept up with me pretty well, Shiro~" She said, "I doubt you can beat me in a drinking contest, though." Alison opened the door to the bar and was hit by the smell of smoke and alcohol. It was busy, but there was room. The music wasn't too loud and sports played in a corner of the room. She smiled lightly and headed over to the bar, ordering herself a beer to start herself off. She looked over to Shiro, expecting him to follow, and smiled. "I heard a lot of good things about this place... I hope it's as good as they say."