View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM

"Oh!" The teacher put her hands on her hips and looked thoughtful "Gabe's getting married? That's something..." Something unexpected.

When the Ivy's had moved into Little Well Gabriel Pearson was at the peek of his mischievous streak. He had caused her plenty of grief whether it was the discovery of something dead and horrible in the school house or a missing pie from the window sill. It didn't take long for her to learn to cook her pies on an upper story window, but each time was a reminder of his near constant annoyance. I suppose people change when they grow up... but it hasn't even been that long, has it? Lydia looks back at Silas and nodded "It isn't far, their house is just on the east side of town. Just look for the magnolia trees that flank the walk and you've found it."

Lydia looked again to check on how close Silas' friends were to the school yard... they weren't riding fast, but they were making good ground. "...Children, I think we've covered enough for today. Go ahead on home." The general consensus about strangers in these parts was that they could be dangerous. While Silas seemed like a decent man she was certain that the chatty children would have some noisy fathers and older brothers keeping tabs on the school house soon after they got the word. The most enthusiastic youngsters took off immediately for home while the older students shuffled their feet a bit, still curious about their visitor. "I'm not sure what condition the house is in or if there's anything to sleep on in there but it's standing just fine. You might have a few broken panes of glass from the storm that blew through a few weeks ago. If it's not fit there is... sort of an inn. Just ask Mr. Hansworth over at the general store and he'll get you a key and point you in the right direction."

Lydia moved around to the other side of the well and looked down at the bucket being lowered after the trough was filled. "Are they alright? The Pearsons. It's been a while since anyone here has heard from them, but I suppose life in the city is pretty busy." I suppose everything would be alright if he's getting married. "It's just... unusual not to hear from anyone for that long once you've gotten to know them."