View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM

Lydia poked her head out of the doorway when the sound of Hank's voice started to grow softer. Silas wasn't kidding around when he said rough around the edges... then again his other friend doesn't sound very civil, either. At least I'll be behind them into town. She grabbed her bag of flour and put it just outside the schoolhouse door so she could close it.

The sun was definitely warmer than it had been in the last few months, and that truth couldn't be more welcome. All of the cold rain that fell over the winter was wonderful for the planters, but everyone else was miserable... not that they could have done much about it, really. Ohanko had been called in several times to fix leaks in the schoolhouse roof so the students wouldn't go home soaked and shivering. Lydia grabbed the remains of her lunch and the flour and followed the horse-riders into town quietly. They probably won't even notice me... I mean they don't really have any reason to look back, do they? I doubt they do that much anyways what with that they see from up on their horses all the time. What good is looking back if there's just as much nothingness there as there is in front of you?

The sack of flour was growing heavier the further she walked with it. It didn't feel this heavy this morning... but I suppose it wasn't that warm this morning, either. The blonde woman thought, making for a closed barrel that sat outside of the current apothecary to set the flour down on. I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night. That's probably part of it, too. At least it isn't the heat of the day just yet. Lydia fanned herself a little with her hand and stepped back behind the barrels some to minimize how much of her was visible. The idea of someone coming over to help her carry back the large sack of flour was near mortifying, not that she would let them know that. Just a short break... I'm just about half way home, anyways.

Just then a man she knew stepped out of the apothecary and nodded at her. Immediately she smiled and stopped fanning herself. "Good day, Mister Barton." He replied with a 'Good day, Miss Ivy." and was on his way. The Bartons were quiet people, but very well thought of having come from a landed family in the North East. This one was Gerrad Barton, the second son and one of the accountants at the local bank. At least it was him of all people. She breathed a sigh of relief and closed her eyes.