View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM

"Greetings, Ohanko." Silas nodded formally. He'd never met any natives who wore their hair quite like this one, and the name didn't quite fit in with the few words he knew in Arapaho and Comanche. Still, being polite seldom caused trouble, and the quiet ranch hand preferred to avoid trouble where possible. "My name is Silas Kelly, and my... associates and I have been sent to get the Pearson place ready for Mr. Pearson's son to set up housekeeping."

Silas's steely grey eyes returned to the schoolteacher, and an unaccustomed smile crossed his face. "We found the Pearson place without any trouble, ma'am, thanks to your directions. Hank's just getting the key and some food to keep us the next few days. We'll probably camp out in the house instead of spending Boss Pearson's money on an inn."

The attractive blonde's nervous glances caught his attention, and he reluctantly admitted to himself that he was making her uncomfortable. He tipped his hat and took a step away from her. "I can see I'm keeping you from important business though, Miss Ivy, and I should go give Hank a hand with carrying the vittles, anyway."