View Single Post
Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via AIM to Mingnon Send a message via MSN to Mingnon Send a message via Yahoo to Mingnon

Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 AM

Glad to see some people like it ^^

Wannabeism

Okay, so some of the jokes I've written up previously were just parodies... sort of... of whatever's been going on recently. That's merely because of the simple fact that I wanna post those over-used jokes myself... Which stems from one thing; Wannabeism.

For instance, in one form or another, whenever I see something awesome, mysterious or whatever else happen to a fictional character, I tend to secretly wish that particular thing would happen to me (or rather, a fiction character I come up with). Take the PS2 Capcom game Maximo for instance; in the beginning part, the protagonist dies, gets sent to some dark, almost oceanic Limbo where he gets revived by the Grim Reaper. That alone is enough to make me think, 'I wanna go through a resurrection like that! :D'.

But I know that deep down, in reality that sort of thing would barely ever happen to me, because of a few things:

-I don't see myself going into a fatal situation anytime in the future, regardless of risks of kidnap, murder, etc.

-If I did die... I don't even know how Limbo is like to begin with.

-And I don't know if I'm even hero enough to be revived at all...

But there's always the next best thing to 'live' out your fantasies: Role-play!

...In fact, someone commented once that I role-play just to live out my fantasies. But what's wrong with that?

..Well, unless they're ultra-sick or fangirly or a mix of both and all, then I understand...

But still! DX