View Single Post
Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 AM

Mythos: Sir, a moment of your time if you please.

Tirtil: Hmm? [The man looks mildly curious as he gazes over (or maybe bored...could just as well be bored, you suppose). In his mouth is a long silver pipe (not of the musical variety, thank the seven). Strange symbols are etched upon it.] You would be the detectives, yes?

Mythos: Well, yes, actually. How did you know?

Tirtil: You spoke with a Miss Bryony Rose, correct?

Mythos: Yes.

Tirtil: [nods to himself] If Bryony knows about your investigation, then everybody knows.

Seridano: [to Mythos] I wonder if that will makes people more or less likely to cooperate. Though, I suppose things can't get much worse in that regard.

Mythos: True enough. [sighs]

Tirtil: She's was all up in arms about it. Rude this and uncouth that. [A smile slowly spreads across his face].

Seridano: We're not the only ones he was up in arms about.

Tirtil: Hmm?

Mythos: Yeah, she really seems to hate you.

Tirtil: Yes, I suppose she must.

Mythos: Any idea why?

Tirtil: Many. [puffs on his pipe]

Seridano: And?

Tirtil: … [puff][puff] Hmm?

Seridano: Care to enlighten us?

Tirtil: [puff] ...I don't see why not. [puff] Miss Rose sees herself as a starlet of the highest caliber. [puffs] She does not take well to people saying otherwise, or preferring vastly more talented talent. [puffs] Unfortunately for her, I have quite the ear for raw talent, and she is not nearly the songbird that she thinks she is. [Takes a long drag] I once told her as much.

Mythos: Ouch.

Seridano: Heh, bet she didn't take that one laying down.

Tirtil: Not at all. [puff] [puff] She threatened to ruin me. [puff] Thus far, her attempts have been about as successful as her career [puff] [puff] …Which is to say, moderately annoying.

Seridano: [chuckles]

Mythos: [clears her throat, but looks mildly amused nonetheless] So, would you mind if we asked you a few questions regarding the tart theft?

Tirtil: Be my guest. Though, you will have to excuse me if I munch on an horderves or two between answers. I've absolutely ravenous. Health issues, you see.

Mythos: Uh..sure, that'd be no problem at all.

Tirtil: [puffs] Then, by all means, ask away. [Tirtil snatches a finger sandwich from a passing tray. The waiter looks mildly annoyed.]

Seridano: Are those any good?

Tirtil: No, not particularly. [He pops the little sandwich into his mouth.]

Seidano: I see... [Snatches a tiny sandwich as the tray passes her by and pops it into her mouth.] Eh, it's kind of bland.

Tirtil: Exceedingly.

Mythos: [Gives them both a look].

Seridano: Right, well, getting back on track, what time did you arrive?

Tirtil: Around 6:30.

Mythos: Wasn't the party set to begin around 5:00?

Tirtil: It was.

Seridano: So, you went for fashionably late?

Tirtil: Not at all. [puff] [puff] I get somewhere when I get there. I'm in no hurry.

Seridano: Fair enough.

Mythos: And when did you hear about the theft?

Tirtil: A few moments ago. Can't say I'm surprised.

Mythos: Why's that?

Tirtil: Everybody was dying to get their hands on the blighted things. It's all Gerontious was talking about. Tarts this and Red Lady that. I hear his cooks are world class....though [puff] judging by these appetizers [snatches something else from a passing tray and pops it in his mouth] … … That bit was something of an exaggeration.

Mythos: Could you, maybe not talk while you're chewing.

Tirtil: Mmm? [chews] … ... Certainly.

Mythos: Can I ask a personal question?

Tirtil: Let me guess, you wish to know why I can't wait until after your investigation to eat? Did Bryony say something?

Mythos: Err...something like that.

Tirtil: [waves a hand] Oh, don't worry, I'm not so easily offended. [puff] [puff] If you must know [puff], I have problems with my thyroid. I must be careful about what I eat or else I'll have a rather unpleasant spell, you see. [puff] [puff]

Mythos: I...oh, sorry.

Tirtil: What for? This old body of mine has been on the fritz for years. [puff][ puff] I've grown used to it, even if others have not [takes another long drag]. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a rolled meats tray to chase [puff] [puff]. If you have any other questions, you know where to find me. [With that said, he walks off after a tray laden waiter.]

Investigation location: Lounge

Investigation Options:

Peek under the carpet

Just about everyone has heard of people sweeping junk under their rugs if they're trying to clean up in a hurry but from the looks of it Hammerbottom's version of the practice is a bit careless. I guess he should have gotten himself a piggy bank instead of leaving it on the floor! Tsk, tsk!

Inspect the fireplace

PLAUGE DOCTOR POKING STICK

Determined to uncover the mysteries of the fireplace, you rub your hands together and feel around everything under the mantel and above the floor before working your way back into the soot. Beyond the grate and rack nothing was really out of place but you found the PERFECT stick to go poking around for more clues!

Search under the sofa

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

You lean down to get a good look under the sofa only to discover suspicious crumbs! It doesn't take much for Mr. Hammerbottom to verify that those are indeed the exact honey-brown color the missing tarts. You can quickly deduce that someone who had some kind of contact with those tarts made it into the lounge and dusted them off under the sofa!

Look around the picture

PIPE

A quick survey of the picture revealed nothing of interest. The subject's eyes were a little crossed, maybe, but the artist doesn't appear to have had much talent (Just don't tell Hammerbottom that!) You DO tell him that there is an owner-less pipe sitting on the table below the image and he's more than happy to give it away to avoid clutter.

Feel around the column

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

The moment you reach around the back of the column you feel something.. an odd notch which-- CLICK!- Ohh... well what have we here? A secret passage opened up just behind the piano (Perfect for a quick get-away!) You notice that your finger and the back part of the column itself has a light powdering of wheat flour... how strange!

Check the mirror

SILVER SERPENT BRACERS

Approaching the mirror leaves you few options which won't cover the gaudy thing with finger prints so your do your best to inspect the frame. Right away you focus your attention at a clock face which is built right into the bottom center of the piece when out springs the entire mechanism! You did your best to put it back together and pocket the oddball 'spring' you couldn't force back inside.

InvestigatorsX

Mageling - fireplace
Arc Angel - fireplace
shinigamikarasu - picture
Wyrmskyld - fireplace
Xogizmoox - mirror
fireprincess - fireplace
Arialys - picture
Nephila - sofa
LaVida - mirror
Roxxxy - mirror
Vox - fireplace
wish - column
Dystopia - fireplace
Velvet - column
beautiful_psycho - rug
Aoi Kazuya - mirror
p o p p e t - fireplace
Zombie Pixie - fireplace
blueblackrose - fireplace
Vanora - mirror
Reveuse - fireplace
EirianHikari - sofa
Antagonist - fireplace
Shadami - fireplace
Irishrain - fireplace
SuperZombiePotatoe - mirror
Anglie - fireplace
Saravi Boo - fireplace
DivineHeart - picture
Rochiel Silverfire - column
CrimsonShadow - picture
Iroase Delschatten - mirror
KatMagenta - column
Neora - fireplace
Chexala - fireplace
pollik17 - picture
Damia Flagg - sofa
Nema - mirror
Nerosity - mirror
HIM_ROCK - sofa
~LONGCAT~ - sofa
zigbigadorlube - rug
sadrain - mirror
Mikio - fireplace
Liztress - fireplace
d2hiriyuu - mirror
The_Crow - fireplace
Miscreant74 - mirror
Razak - sofa
steelmagghia - mirror
Kamikaze Kendra - column
BellyButton - fireplace
dragoness129 - column
R a n d e h - column
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - fireplace
Kent - fireplace
Hadsvich - mirror
hilarbees - mirror
Ethos - fireplace
ClockReject - picture
Cora - mirror
Vickyll3 - mirror
Mnemosyne - fireplace
Angel Spirit Girl - rug
silvergamer - mirror
lunanuova - fireplace
GwenaHikari - fireplace
hummy - fireplace
spircedroses - fireplace
Divacita - sofa

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:38 AM..