Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-17-2017, 04:42 PM

Current Sweets Tier:
Tier 2 - 8/10

From snacks to soups & salads to hearty main dishes,
things to eat that aren't sweet belong here.

ENTRY FORM

Quote:
[indent][COLOR="deepskyBlue"][B][SIZE="5"]I have a savory dish to share![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I actually made something today and took some pictures lol...

---------- Post added 12-24-2017 at 11:29 PM ----------

I have a savory dish to share!

Comments: Jews in the U.S. celebrate Christmas by eating Chinese food :) This tradition goes back to the days when most places were closed on Christmas so people could observe the holiday and go to church. The only places that remained open were Chinese restaurants, so that's where the Jews went for their Christmas meals :) So, here is some homemade Lo Mein for today's lunch! Simple, but delicious. I loved how the red and green peppers and bok choy added Christmas-y colors to the dish. (Please disregard the phone number; it was the first paper I saw within reach lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post

Comments: Our Christmas lunch!! Roast chicken stuffed with thyme along with roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, parsnips, and carrots! Super delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikio View Post

Comments: Made homemade lasagna :D it contained mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, red bell peppers, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese ^^ Delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post

Comments: Great Granny G's homemade chicken enchiladas this recipe has been in my family for at least 50 years and now it's Gizzie's turn to make them

Chicken shredded, corn tortillas from scratch, shredded 3 cheese blend, special blend family recipe sauce with tomatillas, served over Spanish rice....... pared nicely with my fire roasted homemade salsa and jalapeno cheesy cornbread

Comments: Homemade Jambalaya I used rice and Cajun spices and shrimp growing up in a Cajun house part of my life; making jambalaya was a holiday tradition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post

Comments: Indian Spiced Tomato and Egg Casserole. Lots of garlic and chiles (didn't include jalapeños this time around), and I'll likely have hot sauce when I go in for the kill to devour this in a few minutes. I love spice.
This time I didn't use whole peeled canned tomatoes, since I forgot I only had pureed, but I think this came out better than before! Mm, fingerling potatoes and spicy sauce. Comfort food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

Comments: Lemon and herb roasted chicken with buttered Parmesan asparagus. It was delicious. I wish I still had some left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post

Comments: Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Brown Rice (adapted from the recipe linked there ). I used way more olive oil and some cayenne, plus kept the butternut squash in larger chunks instead of dicing it. My squash outnumbered the sprouts, so I have so much leftover from roasting it that I have to figure out something to do with the rest later this week! Not a bad problem to have. I love having so many in-season veggies that are so colorful at this bleak time of year... ha.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-03-2018 at 02:04 PM..