View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Mikheil had survived the flight, but unfortunately truly just 'survived'. He got nervous at each time plane's noises changed or there was a feeling of plane lowering height. His ears kept plopping even after take-off and no amount of candy could help that. He hadn't really managed to sleep ether. It was shameful, really, and he would never admit it to anyone that this long trip had taken its toll on him. Only silver lining was... well, it was rather flaming red and bright gold, actually. Sunset and sunrise observed from plane's window had taken his breath away and surely something that he wouldn't forget for a long time.

After landing and having his documents checked, he naturally got lost at first, as it was so spacious and there were just not enough signs for a 'loser' like him. So, his bag was one of the last sliding on baggage claim row. He felt that at least some people were sniggering about the foreigner that had been wandering around and had expression as if he had found Holy Grail, not luggage claim. He grimaced, grabbing luggage and hunching slightly in shoulders as he vigorously pulled it towards exit - or what he thought to be exit. Fortunately, it really was an exit, but it took him at least five more minutes to find his transport that turned out to be a family-van type of car with tinted windows which gave it an edge of creepiness. If not for the sign and Japanese man that spoke to him, he'd probably end up avoiding it rather than heading towards it.

Apparently, he wasn't only one from Germany that had ended up in the camp, but this other guy was not talkative and even irritated about Mikheil being so slow. The drive went by in silence and with rather icy air. Mikheil only hoped that this man wouldn't end up to be his roommate. So much for friendly atmosphere... Still, he hoped that most of the people there wouldn't be like that. Some had to be a bit like him, right? In truth, he found it hard to believe that he had actually got in the camp! Only 48 people were chosen and he for once in his life was the lucky one! He had been given chance to turn his life around. Or try to.

But he was still nervous and decided that sitting with hands in lap wouldn't help his nerves. He pulled out his notebook from shoulder bag and began doodling to pass up time. Soon, however, he nodded off and was woken only when they arrived at destination. Of course, he spent a while looking for pen that had rolled under front seat ( "I can't leave it, it's my lucky one!") and only then was ushered to his room.

There, he dropped off his baggage quickly and got rushed to kitchen. Despite how it could seem, he wasn't quite one of the last ones. He grabbed some toast, eggs and fresh strawberries, and cup of great smelling coffee to wash it down with and sought out an empty table. Mikheil felt no desire to join any of the already occupied tables where most groups were chatting cheerily, especially not the one with Grumpy German who apparently wasn't so grumpy when pretty ladies were involved.

But his solitude wasn't long lived when someone spoke up across of him. His eyes had been focused on plate and when he rose his gaze, he was momentarily stunned - such an amazing, intense eye color! Moments later, he found himself shaking hands with young woman and introducing himself: "Mikheil, Mikheil Kovach. It's nice to meet you, Anna, and no, I don't mind." He was sharply aware of his accent - mix of German one and something unidentifiable to most. She sounded American, nice and clear, but maybe he was wrong.

He cleared his throat, 'scrolling' through small-talk topics in his mind and decided that country they originated from could work as one well enough. "I am from Germany, what about you, Anna?" he inquired after taking sip of coffee more as a reason to be silent for moment more. Then, Mikheil rather hurriedly added: "Well, actually I am Croat, but have lived in Germany for most of life." His parents had bore into his head to never be ashamed of his nationality and never pretend to be 'just German'.

Her flight had been amazingly smooth one and it seemed like a good sign to Suzanna. She had arrived day and half before regular campers would due to her role as a counselor, so she would have time to get acquainted with the place, some duties and already be settled in when others came. The place was beautiful and despite being so far from home, she felt rather comfortable at Camp Jiko o hakken soon after arrival. Now, that didn't mean she didn't get all nervous upon the first actual day of camp, however. But it was good kind of excited-nervous. At least half of it. And other, she chose to ignore.

For once, Suzanna was grateful for the bountiful energy she had when anxious. Otherwise, she would have been very tired this morning, getting up at nearly sunrise and having stayed up late to discuss things about game with other counselor. That included daily plans, icebreakers, evening games and the way they would go about individual issues that would surely arise between campers or when someone would purposely disobey them as counselors - go where they should not, disrespect them and so on. They had had some minor disagreements, but woman told herself they would smooth it over as time progressed.

To say that she liked this 'Billy' fellow would be lying. Sure, he was on the handsome end of scale (why should a guy get a pretty eye color like that, when she was stuck with plain hazel no one took notice of? Not that she didn't like her eyes, but still...), although not quite her type, and she found it strangely amusing that he was blessed - or cursed - with freckles as well. However, something about his attitude definitely put her off. He was... bold. That wasn't so bad on its own if he weren't so arrogant. As if the camp belonged to him and everyone in there would do his bidding sooner or later, find amusing same things he did.

However, he wasn't all that bad at organizing things and didn't throw all her thoughts right out of the window. If he could shed some of that smugness, he wouldn't make a bad counselor for camp. Suzanna decided that she would let him deal with organizing trips, events and all that jazz part while she would take care of more emotional related things, like arguments. Maybe that way, she wouldn't end up jumping at Billy's throat about some spout of arrogant ignorance.

As she had gotten up so early, she already had managed to accomplish a good deal of things - done her morning stretches and exercises, went for a jog that was cut short when she realized that Billy had chosen to go for a run, had a nice, long shower after and go to kitchen soon after she noticed activity in there. She was dressed in dark jeans, black sandals with thick sole (helped her to not be as awfully short) and airy blouse* over black tank top. Her tattoos were visible through transparent fabrics, but she never bothered to really hide them. She had a necklace with paw and feather symbols in silver on and pondered if it was maybe too dressy, but then again, this was first day of the camp.

In kitchen, she was asked to help putting dishes on tables and she rather eagerly agreed. It was good to make herself useful and busy, less time to get stressed. Soon enough, Billy joined in dinner hall and was put to cooking tasks. She was a bit surprised he agreed, but added it as a plus. Having done her part, she was one of the first that actually got to sit down and enjoy the food. She chose a toast, berries and juice - healthy and delicious.

Table that she had joined already had some people, however, and she smiled brightly at them. "Good morning, my name is Suzanna, do you mind if I join you?" If no one did (and probably even if they did), she sat down at the end of table. "How are you all this morning? I will be one of your counselors here at the camp, so if there are any issues with your rooms or anything else, please, come and talk with me and I will do my best to fix that." She chuckled then lightly, realizing her mistake: "But you probably didn't have chance to really look around, did you?" The laugh wasn't quite forced, but inwardly she berated herself and repeated in her thoughts: 'keep calm and don't get panicky, keep calm...'

[*Note: the blouse is actually also black, not white]

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-03-2014 at 08:36 PM..