View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-19-2015, 04:00 AM

The pair chatted for a bit, but something felt off. Turquoise knew it was due to her reaction to his joke. After a bit she decided it would be best to leave things as they were until tomorrow. “I should get going so I can get some sleep before my next appointment. Have a good day Casey. I’ll see you tomorrow.” The woman left with a smile and wave. The man gave her a wave and order to make sure to get some rest as she walked away.

After everything she was feeling even more exhausted. Turning her face towards the sky to soak in the warmth of the sun as she let out a sigh. How had things become so complicated with that human? In the past she had always tried to keep her distance, not let herself get too close. At least not in this kind of way. Sure there were times she grew attached, but those times always came with at a cost. That wasn’t something she wished to deal with, but here she had let herself get so close to a human again. “Some things will never change will they?”
Turquoise whispered to herself as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder.

For a brief moment she let a frown slide onto her lips as she closed her yellowish green eyes. The woman took a few deep breaths before opening them again. Having calmed her emotions and mind Turquoise began to walk down the sidewalk that led to one of the park exits. For now she would walk, the fresh air would help her to clear her mind. At least that is what she hoped anyway. Plus she was in need of tea.

As she walked down the sidewalk she sighed again. Like usual she received a few stares and rude comments about her hair color, the red marking across her face and strange clothing. Anymore she ignored such things since they were common placed and usually came from people who had never seen her before. While she walked she fiddled with the handmade dream catcher pendant she wore. Turquoise had made the pendant herself while she lived on the reservation. It held twelve precious stones within the catcher’s web, one representing each of the guardians, and twelve feathers, three of them real and the others made from wood, bone and metal, that hang from the catcher itself.

One of the children with the group from the orphanage spotted the turquoise haired woman as she walked by the fork in the path near where they were playing. A big smile spread across Sophia’s face. “Ruru!” The girl excitedly shouted as she ran over to the woman, following after her. “Hey Ruru!”

At first she didn’t notice the child that had run over to her, starting to follow after her as her thoughts were elsewhere. It wasn’t until Sophia started to dance around Turquoise, taking the woman’s hands into her small ones that she stopped walking. Looking down at the darling child a big smile spread over her lips. “Well hello there sweetie.” The guardian bent down and scooped up Sophia, hugging her tightly. “How have you been little one?”

As she was scooted up and hugged the girl giggled. “I’ve been doing good Ruru. I have lots of new friends.” She snugged against the woman’s chest as she was held. “I’ve missed you so much.” Ru had been there for her when she lost her parents in a car accident. The guardian had helped her come to terms with her lose and be able to move forward with a smile.

Once her feet were on the ground she danced around Turquoise again. Before long she had ahold of the woman’s hand and was dragging her in the opposite direction of what she had been going in. “Common, I want you to meet them!” The child didn’t give the guardian a choice, but to go with her. It wasn’t long before the other children along with two women were in sight. “It’s just a little further.”

Sadness washed over the woman’s features as Sophia snugged against her. Telling that she missed her. “I know Sophia sweetie. I’ve been busy help other people like I helped that you when your parents went away.” It didn’t take much for the girl to rebound which caused the guardian to laugh. “Ok, ok. Take me to them.” She let herself be dragged along. Her attention was mostly on the girl. It wasn’t until they were just a few feet from the group of children and the two women looked up to see where they were going.

Upon seeing the blonde and the pink haired woman her yellowish green eyes grew large as she froze in place. Her hand released the girl’s as the girl ran forward towards the others. Was it really them? Was she so tired that she was seeing things now? The look that crossed her features was a mixture of shock, joy and sadness. How long had she been searching for the others? Trying to reach out to them in their dreams, but unable to truly locate them?

Closing her eyes she fought against the tears that threatened to spring forward. She had found two of her friends after five long years of searching. “Is it really you guys?” Turquoise’s words were barely a whisper as they left her lips. The guardian wanted to run over and hug them both, but she feared if she tried they would both disappear in her arms. Being nothing more than her imagination. Then again was it wise to meet the others like this? She wasn’t the same woman she had once been. This new world they lived in was taking a toll on her. She didn’t want them to see her in the sorry state she had allowed herself to fall into. A ping of panic shot through her as she continued to stare at the other guardians.

-----------------------

The sound of the younger guardian’s voice was familiar and a very welcome sound. He watched the male that sat across from him. Amethyst gave a light nod as he listened. At first this seemed like nothing more than a dream, but he was thankful it wasn’t. There was so much to talk about. So many questions.

“It is good that it has treated you kind. As for me it had treated me well enough.” His amethyst colored eyes scanned the area around them. For the most part the library was empty. Even so it wouldn’t be wise to discuss things too much here in public for much longer. One could never tell when or where the enemy would appear.

The raven folded his hands in front of him on the table. “Yes, well enough. This place has been very interesting so far. Much different than where I was before.” He continued to somewhat speak in code so anyone who might over hear them would not think much of their conversation. “I’m not sure what you have been doing as of late, but I myself have been doing research. I’ve also taken an interest in technology and history.” He knew that if the other was like him he was probably full of questions and things he wanted to share.

“Actually if you aren’t busy I’m almost done here. So if you don’t mind waiting we could go to my place to catch up on things. After all it has been years since we last met my friend.”

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 06-28-2015 at 03:13 AM..