View Single Post
Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Shadow and Ice.
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM

The cabby was smiling as they got in but his smile dropped when Vincent told him where to go. He looked at them both as if they were a bit mad then shook his head and drove. Vincent closed his eyes and just let the flood of emotions crash over him as Blaire talked about what had happened at the office and the added clause to the contract. He could almost see what she had seen, but it was not just by her way of describing the scene. That made him wonder about how much she was still getting off him. He was trying to keep the pain away but it was still hitting him. At least now they had gone back to just physical blows and not braking the skin.

“I do not mind that he changed it to give me an out at the end of the two months.” He smiled and sat back up opening his eyes. “it gives me a chance to find out if that office is truly the best fit for us and if it is not we don’t have to pay a large fine to get out of the contract. You must have some poker face to have gotten that out of him, or he was just so flustered that he was not thinking. But now that it is signed he cannot change it without us saying yes.” Watching the cabby he lifted her fingers to his lips and kissed them. “I never thought I would find someone that would work as well as Lewis did but I think you will work out just fine.” His voice was warm with happiness.

Something about her just made him want to wrap himself in her arms and never let her go. He had never felt this way before about any of his partners but then he had never had a partner take him as he was this quickly before ether. The quickest one before her had been the one who had thought he was a local mass murder, that had been an interesting partnership, but not one he wanted to repeat. He caught himself before he reached out and stroked her face. It would be dangerous to let the cabby see this affection to what seemed to be another man.

I would think you were a witch if I did not know better, for you have bewitched me beyond anything I know of. The thought of magic sparked a thought in his mind and his eyes lit up. “I know some one we may want to talk to if we cant find him tonight. I may have to send you to see him when I go to bed but he should still be awake.” The cabby pulled up in front of the club and held out his hand for pay. Without thinking about it Vincent placed a wad of cash into his hand as he got out. “keep what is change I don’t mind.” He said smiling to the cabby

“right you are sir, don’t worry none will know from me.” The money was to buy the cabby’s silent’s about who and where he took them. Vincent hated to have to drop such a high amount on this cabby but then something made him feel that he needed to cover his trail as well as possible.

“Now come we have a lot to talk about and only so many hours.” With that Vincent lead her up to a simple office. There were three chairs in the room with a desk between them. A simple filing cabinet stood open and the papers scattered everywhere. The chairs were turned over but not broken, the lamp on the desk now had a dint in the shade but no true damage. “looks like the knife is showing how much he wants the office.”

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 01-16-2014 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: time line did not work had to change a name.