View Single Post
Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I embrace it, as it embodies who I am.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:30 PM

Nova_Alchemist:

Stepping back to the Inn, Andy reached under the counter, and pulled out a bottle of rare spiced mead: Colovian Ash-fire. Considering the fact that the mead was only made in one place, and it was expensive, it was undoubtedly the most expensive thing Andy owned in the Inn. Pouring himself a mug, He brought it to his lips, taking a short drink. "....that stuff is like a warm fire in your gut.....feels good. "He said, putting the cork back on the bottle. He then grabbed one of the chairs, and sat down, looking towards Ellowynn.

"Where to begin.....I assume you've heard about the Battle of Mosignor City, one of the bloodiest in history. You were at Camp Talonleaf at the time, If I remember right.......What you probably haven't heard of is the Butcher of Mosignor. "He said, staring at his own cup. "I was there during the battle.....with my sister, Aphelia, You remember her?..... She died in the fighting....and I was not too far away from her. Pinned down by a spear. I had to watch. "He said, before downing the rest of his cup.

" Aphelia was the only piece of family I had, and they slew her down like an animal.......my god, I've never been so angry in my life, and I doubt I'll ever be again. "Andrew said, looking at the cup in his hand. "I took command of the knights there, and began an aggressive offensive, ordering them to attack until they had no strength left to fight.......Civilians were caught in the midst of the fighting, the demons were using them as hostages......I told them to attack anyway. "He said, his hand now shaking.

"When the civilians were all almost dead, my men were exhausted, and I was just getting started, I told them to charge at the battle field one more time.......They were decimated. I've never lost that many people in my life, in a fight.......But the city as a whole was saved. I didn't care at the time: I was too blinded by my own self-righteous fury."Andrew said, Before throwing the cup at the wall, it shattering upon impact. " I now had a reputation of getting a job done no matter what, whether I needed to sacrifice soldiers or people. I was Rewarded for my victory, If you can even call it that......I gained the nickname 'The Butcher of Mosignor"

Andrew soon began sweeping up the remnants of the cup, obviously shaken from the recollection. "For the next month, Every time I walked to a town, to secure it, everyone looked at me like I was a monster, a thing that was less than human......I remember trying to hand a girl a toy she dropped, and her father stepping in front of her, afraid of me.....for her. "He said, setting the stuff back. "After almost 4 months, I couldn't take it anymore....I left, and I never looked back. I tried to keep in touch, but each time, the Royal army tried to find me.....so I just stopped writing. I've been here for two years now. "He said, before sitting down.

"There you have it.....It's the reason why I left, and why I'll never return. "He said, staring at his get-up. "I swore to myself I'd never hold a blade for that bastard of a king ever again.......I've caused enough death, in my short life-time." He said to her. From the view of it, he was literally running away from his past. It would explain his cold reaction: When Ellie came into Town, it was as if the past itself came up to him, and slapped him in the face, something he had spent the last two years trying to escape.

"I've made a life for myself here......this town, it was little more than a few ram-shackled cottages. It took me months, but i managed to get a wall erected to form around the land, and got a proper system set up for the farm. "He said. "We caught wolves from the hills, and have been trying them to fight for us, plus I've personally drilled the militia along with Tallow. He's the only one here who knows who I really am, but he's sworn to keep it a secret. I trust him more than anyone here....least I did, before you came here. "He said, then held his hands out to his tavern. "I made a life here.....this inn provides me with a modest income, but it's a living I enjoy......why would I want to throw all that way, to take up my arm's again?...."He asked her.

Last edited by Andraus; 01-18-2016 at 11:59 PM..