View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-25-2016, 04:06 AM

evilcupcakecat: Criminy, I haven't been in a church since I was 13.
evil_samara: Your family stopped going?
evilcupcakecat: My family never went. My friends and I robbed one when we were kids.
evil_samara: [shocked] What?! Y-you're kidding?... Aren't you?
evilcupcakecat: [ignores the question] ... Well, Odell ain't here.
evil_samara: If we get out of this alive, maybe I should start going to church.
evilcupcakecat: You wouldn't be able to sleep in.
evil_samara: That's true. I really like sleeping in on Sundays. And then snacking all day long.
evilcupcakecat: You know what doesn't make a very good snack? A giant bag of stolen communion wafers.
Masked Figure: Tsk tsk. Very naughty. I think it's time you atoned for your sins.

Arthur tried, he tried so hard to keep his team organized. They had lost so many tonight, and it was only logical that they stayed together. But those lugnuts, they were wont for wandering off. It’s like they were determined to search every room. What did they expect to find? Gold? Prizes? That’s a laugh.

Belly: [annoyed] Can we stop with the cool and relatively dry business?
Howdy: But it’s a running joke. It adds humor to the g…
Belly: [menacingly] I swear to god, Howdy. If those robed freaks don’t catch us, I will finish you off myself.
Arthur: C’mon, cool it you two. The situation’s bad enough without your arguing.

Once again employing the flashlight, they snake their way along the pitch black hallway, before heading down the staircase into the basement.

Belly: [to Arthur] So, you think we can trust this guy?
Arthur: Odell? I don’t know. After the good sheriff, I'm cautious. But I pray we can. Cause like it or not, right now he’s our only hope.
Belly: [sighing] If only we could find Father Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Howdy: Wait, do you guys here something?

They stop and listen. Nothing is apparent at first, but then there is a curious thump. Then a second, and then a more audible one. The trio are left confused until suddenly all hell breaks loose! The air is filled with a cacophony of shouts and movement. The trainees appear, racing down the steps, urging Arthur, Belly and Howdy to run. The cultists are in the church!

Sprinting down the murky hallway, a hand suddenly reaches out from the boiler room and pulls Arthur inside. The others follow. It’s Father Odell, miming for them to stay silent. He moves, almost catlike, to close the door, then hurries across the room. There are a row of shelves built into the wall. In the dim light, it’s hard to see exactly what the priest is doing, but then surprisingly the shelf opens inward to reveal a corridor.

Father Odell: [in a hushed tone] Quickly, this way.

Without argument, they proceed. The passage is dark as midnight, but Father Odell retrieves an oil lantern from the wall and lights it.

Arthur: Where are we?
Father Odell: [closing the corridor entrance] It’s secret tunnel beneath the church. It leads to the old mine.
Howdy: Oh boy, we’re having an adventure like the Goonies!
Belly: Father, we need to know what this is all about. We need answers.
Father Odell: And you will have them, shortly. But for now we must continue.

On and on they walk, minute after minute. All is still, save for the muffled footsteps on the dirt path. Arthur became aware that once again their numbers were fewer. evil_samara was gone. evilcupcakecat too. As much as he'd like to know their fate, he couldn't dwell on what may have happened to them. But he promised himself, if by some miracle they survived this night, he would find his friends, one way or another.

The team had assumed they would be descending deeper into the mountain, but at some point it became clear they were instead moving upward. Finally, they reached the end of the tunnel and came to a rusted metal door. With some effort Father Odell pried the door open, ushering the MDS crew through. Once inside, he shut it again, then locked it with a key retrieved from his pocket.

The air was stale. The darkness permeated this place too, but in the lantern’s glow they could tell the room was large, with rough hewn rock walls. This was the mine proper.

Arthur: [to Odell] What do we do now?

Slipping the key back into his pocket, the priest strangely ignores Arthur’s question, and instead calmly asks…

Father Odell: Who brought the box into Devil’s Peak?

An odd question. The delivery crew throws quick glances at one another.

Arthur: [confused] Wh-what? I… I told you, we did. We were making a delivery.
Father Odell: [a bit more forceful] But which one of you actually brought the box into town?
Arthur: [totally dumbfounded] I don’t understand what you mean.
Father Odell: [sighing, but smiling] No matter, we’ll know soon enough. [clasping his hands] You asked what we do now. Well, now we wait for the others.
Belly: [eyes widening] What others?
Father Odell: [pleasantly] You’ve all put us through so much trouble tonight. Running through the forest like chickens with their heads cut off. This would have been so much easier if you had come quietly and simply given us the box.
Howdy: I uh, don’t want to alarm you guys, but I have sinking suspicion that Father Fright’s one of them masked weirdoes.
Father Odell: Yes, I’m afraid so. And now there’s nowhere to run. My brothers and sisters will be joining us soon. Do try to relax, escape is impossible.
Belly: What do you want from us?!
Father Odell: You will see. Don’t worry, it will all soon be over.
Arthur: And you just expect us to go quietly?!
Father Odell: [still smiling] What other option do you have?
Arthur: Well… I’ve always been a fan of plan B.

And quick as a flash, Arthur sprints forward and kicks Father Odell square in the nuts.

Father Odell: [howling, as he falls to the floor] My thingies!
Arthur: Remember our motto: The Moonlight Delivery Service: F**k you!
Belly: [smirking] Now that is one hell of a motto. Let's get outta here!

Scooping up the lantern, Arthur and his team run off, plunging further into the old mine. They scurry, this way and that, never quite getting their bearings. As much as he’d like to stop and assess the situation, there’s no time to think. Odell isn’t gonna stay down for long, and the other cult members will certainly be here soon. It’s difficult to tell if they’re going in circles or not, but suddenly they’re at a dead end.

Arthur: Crap, there really is no way out of here!
Belly: No, wait! Arthur look!

Pressing him to shine his light further in, there on the opposite end of the room are a series of doorways, each walled up by bricks, and each numbered from one to eight.

Arthur: Do you think they lead somewhere?
Belly: Who knows. But it’s better than staying here.
Arthur: But how do we get through?!
Howdy: [just a few feet away] Hey guys, look at this! I found some conveniently placed pick axes!

Mouth ajar, Arthur looks at Belly and she looks at him.

Belly: [with a shrug] Heigh-ho!
Arthur: Everybody grab an axe and get to work!

Search Options:
-- Doorway 1
-- Doorway 2
-- Doorway 3
-- Doorway 4
-- Doorway 5
-- Doorway 6
-- Doorway 7
-- Doorway 8

Paste this form into the thread to play
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][B]Today is Day Six. Let's get outta here![/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]I'm knocking down: [write map area here]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Which doorway did you pick?X

-- Doorway 1
Kamikaze Kendra - ooo

-- Doorway 2
hummy - ooo
Naisou - ooo
sadrain - ooo
Vox - ooo
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - ooo

-- Doorway 3
DivineHeart - ooo
dragoness129 - ooo
Eastriel - ooo
Kent - ooo
M i n u x e - ooo
Prismatic Llama - ooo
Razak - ooo
Roachi - ooo
xoxoAngiexoxo - ooo

-- Doorway 4
Hunter Ash - ooo
~LONGCAT~ - ooo
shinigamikarasu - ooo
SuperZombiePotatoe - ooo

-- Doorway 5
Hadsvich - ooo
Inspiration - ooo

-- Doorway 6
Kay - ooo
Mageling - ooo
Mimmu - ooo
Miscreant74 - ooo
Popcorn Gun - ooo
Precarious Fool - ooo
Rochiel Silverfire - ooo
woohoohelloppl - ooo
Xogizmoox - ooo

-- Doorway 7
Damia Flagg - ooo
Divacita - ooo
evil_samara - ooo
*Hime* - ooo
HIM_ROCK - ooo
mdom - ooo
Velvet - ooo
Yamka Jaden - ooo
zigbigadorlube - ooo

-- Doorway 8
blueblackrose - ooo
Elirona - ooo
GummyBearKisses - ooo
musasgal - ooo
Nema - ooo
Nephila - ooo
salvete - ooo
Shadami - ooo
wish - ooo

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-04-2016 at 04:36 AM..