View Single Post
Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 07-13-2010, 12:45 PM

In May I started a zombie writing contest. Details and entries are here - it is now TOO LATE to enter.

RESULTS

Overall Winner
+
Best Horror

Nolori
The Song

.comments.
Nolori's entry is more original than anything I had expected, it is very well written, and as a heart-wrenching short story it has been stunningly executed. I have also awarded the prize for "Horror", as it is the most haunting and in the knowledge of tragedy I was left horrified.

Best Humour

Cherry Flavored Antacid
The Quiet Death of Janet Mueller

.comments.
One of the entries which never lost my interest was Cherry's, the tone of the piece was wryly amusing - as was the suburban setting - the pace was perfect and it worked very well as a short story. I liked the 'old school' title especially, and the visual imagery was colourful without a word being wasted. Roald Dahl, eat your heart out.

Best Gore

Vix Viral
6,797,220,081 0

.comments.
I wasn't exactly sure which prize to award Vix, I almost invented "Best Zombie Science", but the story's engaging explanation of the exact cause of nature of the animated corpses seemed to fit the "Best Gore" bill. Excellent zombie action, and a particularly amusing title.

Best "Could be a Screenplay"

TobiasRosetta
Untitled

.comments.
Out of a good bunch of stories, this piece's defining strength was the quality and appropriateness of the "Zombie Movie" prose, and some very decent dialogue.

And one honourable mention is EmiEmi, for her amusing story about a confused zombie.
Thank you to everyone who entered!

Last edited by Pearl; 07-14-2010 at 11:56 PM..